Professional Web Applications Themes

Beginner needs help please - Macromedia Flash

Hi there all I have a problem with FlashXP - hoping someone might be able to help. I have a button which I would like to appear only on mouse roll-over. Can someone suggest the action script for this? Thanks in anticipation Sandy...

  1. #1

    Default Beginner needs help please

    Hi there all

    I have a problem with FlashXP - hoping someone might be able to help.

    I have a button which I would like to appear only on mouse roll-over.

    Can someone suggest the action script for this?

    Thanks in anticipation

    Sandy

    Sandy Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Beginner needs help please

    > I have a problem with FlashXP - hoping someone might be able to help.
    > I have a button which I would like to appear only on mouse roll-over.
    So you want something to appear, when mouse pointer goes over it? Simply
    just put stuff in the over-frame of your button, and leave the first
    frame empty. No script needed.

    BTW it's Flash MX, not XP :)

    --
    Patrik

    Patrik Liljebäck Guest

  3. #3

    Thank you patrik - not sure what you mean.

    My movie is 150 frames long and I have 1 layer dedicated to this button. I
    want the rest of the movie to play, but the button to only appear on
    rollover.

    I'm not sure what you mean by 'put stuff in the over-frame'.

    Sorry if i'm sounding dumb. Very new to this :O)

    "Patrik Liljebäck" <patriklNOSPAMlahtinenmantere.fi> wrote in message
    > > I have a problem with FlashXP - hoping someone might be able to help.
    > > I have a button which I would like to appear only on mouse roll-over.
    >
    > So you want something to appear, when mouse pointer goes over it? Simply
    > just put stuff in the over-frame of your button, and leave the first
    > frame empty. No script needed.
    >
    > BTW it's Flash MX, not XP :)
    >
    > --
    > Patrik

    Sandy Guest

  4. #4

    Sandy:

    The object you are using as a button; did you make it a button symbol (right
    click; convert to symbol; button)? If so, when you go double click on the
    button and go into the edit mode there should be only 4 frames:

    up over down & hit

    If you leave the up and hit frames blank then the button will only be
    visible when the mouse is over the button and when you press the button down
    with the mouse.

    Does that make sense?

    --
    AndY

    [url]http://crimespree.ca[/url]
    [url]http://limbripper.deviantART.com[/url]
    [url]http://lifexten.com[/url]

    "Sandy" <sandy_hdodo.com.au> wrote in message
    > Thank you patrik - not sure what you mean.
    >
    > My movie is 150 frames long and I have 1 layer dedicated to this button. I
    > want the rest of the movie to play, but the button to only appear on
    > rollover.
    >
    > I'm not sure what you mean by 'put stuff in the over-frame'.
    >
    > Sorry if i'm sounding dumb. Very new to this :O)
    >
    > "Patrik Liljebäck" <patriklNOSPAMlahtinenmantere.fi> wrote in message
    > > > I have a problem with FlashXP - hoping someone might be able to help.
    > > > I have a button which I would like to appear only on mouse roll-over.
    > >
    > > So you want something to appear, when mouse pointer goes over it? Simply
    > > just put stuff in the over-frame of your button, and leave the first
    > > frame empty. No script needed.
    > >
    > > BTW it's Flash MX, not XP :)
    > >
    > > --
    > > Patrik

    Andy Collier Guest

  5. #5

    sandy, not trying to be rude, but this is my first day ever using flash MX
    and dreamweaver, and that is in about the 4th tutorial. maybe you should
    just do a refresher on the tutorials...

    1st day of works in progress : dedicated to my new son
    [url]http://simsforsale.redirectme.net/[/url]
    p.s : used to be web site for selling computer parts..son not forsale =)

    "Andy Collier" <crimespreecrimespree.ca> wrote in message
    > Sandy:
    >
    > The object you are using as a button; did you make it a button symbol
    (right
    > click; convert to symbol; button)? If so, when you go double click on the
    > button and go into the edit mode there should be only 4 frames:
    >
    > up over down & hit
    >
    > If you leave the up and hit frames blank then the button will only be
    > visible when the mouse is over the button and when you press the button
    down
    > with the mouse.
    >
    > Does that make sense?
    >

    > --
    > AndY
    >
    > [url]http://crimespree.ca[/url]
    > [url]http://limbripper.deviantART.com[/url]
    > [url]http://lifexten.com[/url]
    >
    > "Sandy" <sandy_hdodo.com.au> wrote in message
    > > Thank you patrik - not sure what you mean.
    > >
    > > My movie is 150 frames long and I have 1 layer dedicated to this button.
    > > want the rest of the movie to play, but the button to only appear on
    > > rollover.
    > >
    > > I'm not sure what you mean by 'put stuff in the over-frame'.
    > >
    > > Sorry if i'm sounding dumb. Very new to this :O)
    > >
    > > "Patrik Liljebäck" <patriklNOSPAMlahtinenmantere.fi> wrote in message
    > > >
    > > > So you want something to appear, when mouse pointer goes over it?
    Simply
    > > > just put stuff in the over-frame of your button, and leave the first
    > > > frame empty. No script needed.
    > > >
    > > > BTW it's Flash MX, not XP :)
    > > >
    > > > --
    > > > Patrik