Professional Web Applications Themes

Bending Text - Macromedia Fireworks

I'm kind of new to Fireworks, but I know how to use most of the tools. Anyway, to the point. In a picture I have for a logo, in the center I have a big circle with abbreaviated letters inside of it. On the outside, I want to add the full name and I want it to around the circle. So basically have text going around the circle with a bent to it, so it's going around. So far I haven't been able to find out how to do this. Is there a way? Thanks, Mike....

  1. #1

    Default Bending Text

    Merlin_127 webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Bending Text

    1. Type your text
    2. Draw a circle
    3. Select the text and circle then go to the menu and select Text>attach to
    path.

    Easy!
    --

    BR
    [url]www.billraydrums.com[/url]

    "Merlin_127" <webforumsusermacromedia.com> wrote in message
    > I'm kind of new to Fireworks, but I know how to use most of the tools.
    >
    > Anyway, to the point.
    >
    > In a picture I have for a logo, in the center I have a big circle with
    abbreaviated letters inside of it. On the outside, I want to add the full
    name and I want it to around the circle. So basically have text going around
    the circle with a bent to it, so it's going around.

    > So far I haven't been able to find out how to do this. Is there a way?
    >
    > Thanks, Mike.

    Bill Ray Guest

  3. #3

    so that'll work even if the circle is there already? I'm basically editing an image and adding text to it. And I don't wanna make a new circle there cause it would be impossible for me to dupe it.

    Merlin_127 webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  4. #4

    If the circle is a vector object then yes you can.

    If it's not then you'll have to do the dreary task of making a circle
    (snicker) and then if need be, you'll really have to callous yourself by
    removing the stroke color and fill color. Then, (my god the humanity) you'll
    need to resize that circle to overlay the preexisting circle.

    :)

  5. #5

    Ok well what I did was I made a circle using the vector tools and I made it the same color as the existing circle so it's basically unoticable. Anyway, I have 4 different words I wanted to attach, but only one seems to be able to attach at once. So does this mean I have to make all 4 words in one text box then hit attach to path, then will it all go around in seperate spots on the circle?

    Merlin_127 webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  6. #6

    "Merlin_127" [email]webforumsusermacromedia.com[/email] wrote:
    > Ok well what I did was I made a circle using the vector tools and I made it the same color as the existing circle so it's basically unoticable. Anyway, I have 4 different words I wanted to attach, but only one seems to be able to attach at once. So does this mean I have to make all 4 words in one text box then hit attach to path, then will it all go around in seperate spots on the circle?

    Merlin,

    You answered your own question - make the four words a single sentence.
    You can play around with spaces between the words - adding more, for
    example - to get the words to fit the way you want on the circle. Once
    you have it the way you like it, you don't need to keep the circle any
    more. If you want to keep the circle, for future use, make sure that
    you keep at least one copy of your file as a PNG so that the circle will
    remain there and be editable. If you don't, then your image will be
    flattened and the circle will be of no use to you. As well, you can
    make the file and stroke of the circle TRANSPARENT so you don't have to
    worry about trying to "hide" the circle.

    --
    Craig Hartel
    I recommend:

    COMMUNITYMX - [url]http://www.communitymx.com/free.cfm[/url]
    BEGINNER'S GUIDE TO DREAMWEAVER AND FIREWORKS
    [url]http://www.dw-fw-beginners.com[/url]
    CBT CAFE - [url]http://www.cbtcafe.com[/url]
    PLAYING WITH FIRE - [url]http://www.playingwithfire.com[/url]
    PHIREWORX - [url]http://www.phireworx.com[/url]