Professional Web Applications Themes

Besides Classroom in a book what else is out there?? - Adobe Photoshop 7, CS, CS2 & CS3

I have taken 2 months to read the classroom in a book and when I purchased an Exam aid I realized that I didnt get enough out of the book to write the exam. Can anybody recomend a better book to prepare for the ACE exam? Thanks in advance R.W.J.S...

  1. #1

    Default Besides Classroom in a book what else is out there??

    I have taken 2 months to read the classroom in a book and when I purchased an Exam aid I realized that I didnt get enough out of the book to write the exam. Can anybody recomend a better book to prepare for the ACE exam?

    Thanks in advance
    R.W.J.S
    RussellSmith Guest

  2. #2

    Check out my site at <http://www.whilo.com/courses/pshop2/index.html>

    It is for PS 6, but covers much of the information that is on the PS 7 exam. There were a few other books available for the version 5 exam, but they are rather useless for version 7.
    Don McCahill Guest

  3. #3

    Russ,

    I know very little about the "ACE" exam except that it's some sort of certification process that translates to "I'm a photoshop expert."

    So, if my perception is correct, I definitely don't think the "Class Room in a Book" is intended to be a source of knowledge for that level of expertise.

    I'm curious about this because I find that I have difficulty retaining the new processes that I come across in my quest to learn. If you study and cram for a test--do you find that you can retain the knowledge for practical use? If so, I'd appreciate you sharing your method with me.

    I'm not meaning to sound sarcastic, truly I'm just searching for a way to efficiently learn and retain.

    Don, I've saved your site to look at from the learning standpoint rather than the testing. You have a lot of knowledge.

    Patty
    Patty Clarke Guest

  4. #4

    "If you study and cram for a test--do you find that you can retain the knowledge for practical use?"

    Not if you don't utilize what you learn, unless you have an eidetic memory. If you don't use it, you lose it. Period. Just because you can read something and regurgitate it for a test doesn't mean you've learned a damn thing. It's only when you can read something, UTILIZE it at least ONCE without referring to notes or written explanations that you know it. I use my programming knowledge, hence, I retain it. I never utilize the oscilloscope adjustments for carbon lasers I learned years ago, hence, I couldn't tell you the accuracy ranges if you put a gun to my head...
    Ol' Whozit Guest

  5. #5

    RussellSmith <thelovemuscle3hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<1de9d17b.-1WebX.la2eafNXanI>...
    > I have taken 2 months to read the classroom in a book and when I purchased an Exam aid I realized that I didnt get enough out of the book to write the exam. Can anybody recomend a better book to prepare for the ACE exam?
    >
    > Thanks in advance
    > R.W.J.S
    I've put a list of the top 20 Photoshop books, as ranked by Amazon on
    my web site at..

    [url]http://www.lowth.com/books/topic/photoshop[/url]

    The linked-to pages include customer reviews etc. I'm not sure which
    is best for ACE, but the reviews might tell you.

    Hope this helps

    Chris
    chris lowth Guest