Professional Web Applications Themes

Best LCD Protector? - Photography

Hi everyone. I got a LCD protector from da-Products a few months ago. It basically is doing nothing but scratching the LCD more when dirt gets underneath it. Can anyone suggest a different LCD protector that actually "sticks" to the complete 1.5" surface for my Canon A70? Thanks Matt...

  1. #1

    Default Best LCD Protector?

    Hi everyone. I got a LCD protector from da-Products a few months ago. It
    basically is doing nothing but scratching the LCD more when dirt gets
    underneath it. Can anyone suggest a different LCD protector that actually
    "sticks" to the complete 1.5" surface for my Canon A70?

    Thanks
    Matt

    Matt Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Best LCD Protector?

    Matt <lssu.edu> wrote in message
    Exactly how are you scratching the surface? Rough clothes? zips? For a
    temporary measure I'd recommend 'school glue' the type which is white when
    liquid but dries to transparent.

    Stewy Guest

  3. #3

    LOL! Have you tried Saran Wrap? :-)

    Stewy wrote:

    > Exactly how are you scratching the surface? Rough clothes? zips? For a
    > temporary measure I'd recommend 'school glue' the type which is white when
    > liquid but dries to transparent.[/ref]

    JK Guest

  4. #4

    Again, static cling window decal material is cheap and works great.
    Randall Guest

  5. #5

    Stewy wrote:
    > Exactly how are you scratching the surface? Rough clothes? zips? For a
    > temporary measure I'd recommend 'school glue' the type which is white when
    > liquid but dries to transparent.[/ref]

    Glue?!? Do you feel OK, or have you been sniffing the stuff a bit too long?

    Abrasha
    http://www.abrasha.com
    Abrasha Guest

  6. #6

    "Matt" <lssu.edu> writes:

    There's stuff called Write-right used for Palm Pilot-type PDA's.
    Might be worth a try.
    Paul Guest

  7. #7

    I use the protectors from my Palm Pilot on my digital camera and they work
    excellent. No problem. They don't harm the screen and if they get dirty,
    just peel it off and put a new one one.

    You can get the same type of protector for digital cameras as well, but for
    some unknown reason they are more expensive.

    Michael

    "Paul Rubin" <http://invalid> wrote in message
    news:brouhaha.com... [/ref]
    actually

    > There's stuff called Write-right used for Palm Pilot-type PDA's.
    > Might be worth a try.[/ref]

    Michael Guest

  8. #8

    In article <grdVa.149$ab.tac.net>,
    ca says... [/ref]
    > actually
    > >
    > > There's stuff called Write-right used for Palm Pilot-type PDA's.
    > > Might be worth a try.[/ref]
    >

    >[/ref]
    Do you think the ones made for camera LCDs are clearer?
    I've used the Palm protector too (write right) and it
    definitely clouds the LCD on my Canon S400.

    Louise
    louise Guest

  9. #9

    >> OK, one more time. Static cling window decal material from Staples.
    >I went into a Staples and didn't know where to look for
    >this and the person behind the counter didn't know what I
    >was talking about.
    >
    >I just did a search on the web and this is what I came up
    >with, which I don't think is what you mean:
    >http://www.staples.com/Catalog/Browse/Sku.asp?PageType=1
    >&Sku=AVE24391
    >
    >Who makes it and in which section might it be found?
    >
    >Thanks a lot.
    >[/ref]

    Louise,
    It is made by different manufacturers and is named different by each I guess.
    There is even a Crayola brand called Cling Art and a Royal Brites called Window
    Decals. It's usually found with all the other specialty printing papers, labels
    and such. It can be found at Sams (the Royal Brites), WallMart, Target and
    office supply stores.
    HTH
    TG
    Fender Guest

  10. #10

    "Abrasha" <com> wrote in message
    news:com... [/ref][/ref]
    It [/ref][/ref]
    actually
    > > Exactly how are you scratching the surface? Rough clothes? zips? For a
    > > temporary measure I'd recommend 'school glue' the type which is white[/ref][/ref]
    when

    > Glue?!? Do you feel OK, or have you been sniffing the stuff a bit too[/ref]
    long?
    Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeell. Nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn-hah, whew!

    Cling film or saran wrap or whatever you like to call it goes on alright but
    peels off very easily. Clear glue works well 'cos it fills in the scratches
    and also makes a hard surface that can be re-applied at a later date.
    2 inch wide scotch tape or selotape may work well too but it won't hide the
    scratches.

    DAVID Guest

  11. #11

    Mine said Xerox on the label...only 5 sheets for about $15. In the
    same section as computer labels.
    Randall Guest

  12. #12

    > Cling film or saran wrap or whatever you like to call it goes on alright but

    Haven't had mine even start to peel off yet.
    Randall Guest