Professional Web Applications Themes

Best place to buy D70 body used? - Photography

Ebay?...

  1. #1

    Default Best place to buy D70 body used?

    Ebay?

    some Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Best place to buy D70 body used?

    "some guy" <com> wrote in

    Try http://www.keh.com

    --

    Bill
    Woodchuck Guest

  3. #3

    "some guy" <com> wrote in message

    Ebay!

    (possibly elsewhere, only you don't specify whereabouts you are)

    BTW, i'd expect to find more used D100s than D70s. And more grey-import new
    D70s than either.

    Martin Guest

  4. #4

    On Wed, 16 Feb 2005 16:44:52 -0600, in rec.photo.digital.slr-systems "some
    guy" <com> wrote:

    Someone else said B&H had a couple in a message from the past few days.
    Hard to beat dealing with them.
    ----------
    Ed Ruf Lifetime AMA# 344007 (Ruf.com)
    See images taken with my CP-990/5700 & D70 at
    Ed Guest

  5. #5

    On Wed, 16 Feb 2005 16:44:52 -0600, "some guy" <com>
    wrote:

    search ebay for user prodigital2000, they have some pretty good prices
    on DSLRs.

    I know you're looking for used but
    I saved $540 CAD when I bought my Minolta 7D.
    Brand new with 4 yr warranty.

    Joe

    stator Guest

  6. #6

    some guy wrote:

    I wouldn't waste my time buying a D70 on eBay unless you want to pay more
    for a used one than you can get a new one for.

    Rita

    Rita Guest

  7. #7

    "Woodchuck Bill" <com> a écrit dans le message de

    > Try http://www.keh.com[/ref]

    sure , if you want to pay a lot more than the current used market. Look at
    their price list. Cant believe people are buying from them.

    Chuck Guest

  8. #8

    > search ebay for user prodigital2000, they have some pretty good prices

    a make and model would be helpful to someone who is a little illerate on these terms.....:)

    some Guest

  9. #9

    > Someone else said B&H had a couple in a message from the past few days.

    Is this them? http://www.bhphotovideo.com/
    Didn't see any used stuff on the site.....did I not look carefully enough?

    some Guest

  10. #10

    nothing used now unfortunately - D70 body for $899 right now new

    some Guest

  11. #11

    You might be buying someone else's problem from ebay.
    Ebay is a good dumping ground but some items are in very good shape. I never
    buy from those adds on ebay with all those pictures repeated over and over.
    Most of those are cons shops.

    "Rita Ä Berkowitz" <ritaberk2O04 aol.com> wrote in message

    > I wouldn't waste my time buying a D70 on eBay unless you want to pay more
    > for a used one than you can get a new one for.
    >

    > Rita
    >

    >[/ref]

    SteveJ Guest

  12. #12

    some guy wrote:

    > Is this them? http://www.bhphotovideo.com/
    > Didn't see any used stuff on the site.....did I not look carefully enough?
    >
    >[/ref]

    Used D70, body only for $729 (USD)

    <http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=productList&A=buyUsed&Q=315793>
    Randy Guest

  13. #13

    Randy W. Sims wrote:

    >> Is this them? http://www.bhphotovideo.com/
    >> Didn't see any used stuff on the site.....did I not look carefully
    >> enough?
    >>
    >>[/ref]
    >
    > Used D70, body only for $729 (USD)
    >
    > <http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=productList&A=buyUsed&Q=315793>
    >[/ref]

    New D70 from Abes of Maine , body for $774.99(usd) after $100 rebate

    http://www.abesofmaine.com/viewproduct.asp?id=nkd70
    tony Guest

  14. #14

    Quite a response! Thanks for the tips.
    I should have prefaced that by "What's a good price for a used D70 body in excellent condition nowadays?"
    Then I can see about Ebay's pricing.

    some Guest

  15. #15

    tony <com> writes:

    > > Used D70, body only for $729 (USD)
    > >
    > > <http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=productList&A=buyUsed&Q=315793>[/ref]
    >
    > New D70 from Abes of Maine , body for $774.99(usd) after $100 rebate
    >
    > http://www.abesofmaine.com/viewproduct.asp?id=nkd70[/ref]

    And how much will you wind up paying, once Abes adds all of their accessories
    and extra charges?

    --
    Michael Meissner
    email: org

  16. #16

    tony wrote:

    >> Used D70, body only for $729 (USD)
    >>
    >> <http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=productList&A=buyUsed&Q=315793>
    >>[/ref]
    >

    > New D70 from Abes of Maine , body for $774.99(usd) after $100 rebate
    >
    > http://www.abesofmaine.com/viewproduct.asp?id=nkd70[/ref]

    I don't know anything about Abe's of Maine, but looking at some of the
    links from a Google search:

    <http://www.google.com/search?q=abe's%20of%20maine>

    for example:

    <http://www.resellerratings.com/seller2003.html>

    gives a 4.25 out of 10 rating with comments like:

    "Worst online buying experience ever"
    "I had a horrible experience with Abe's of Maine"
    etc. etc.

    It is possible to find deals on the internet, but as a rule I generally
    avoid them. Too many horror stories. I'm happy to pay MSRP and get
    reliable service with no hassles. I generally look around for
    recommended dealers from people with experience in the respective
    market. At present, I'm looking for a dSLR like you, and I've been
    researching for about a month. I've seen enough recommendations for:

    <http://www.bhphotovideo.com/>
    <http://www.adorama.com/>

    to feel comfortable with either of them. They sell the items at the MSRP
    which is good enough for me. Anytime you see prices under MSRP, you
    should do a LOT of research before dealing with that vendor.

    Randy.
    Randy Guest

  17. #17

    Michael Meissner wrote:

    >>New D70 from Abes of Maine , body for $774.99(usd) after $100 rebate
    >>
    >>http://www.abesofmaine.com/viewproduct.asp?id=nkd70
    >>
    >>[/ref]
    >
    >And how much will you wind up paying, once Abes adds all of their accessories
    >and extra charges?
    >

    >[/ref]
    I haven't bought any thing from this store yet , can't decide . I did
    call and the sale man told me the shipping cost
    is $10 ups ground plus it comes with all original accessories from Nikon
    , usa warranty and brand new. Just wonder
    if anybody bought a D70 from this store and what experiences he/she got ?

    I've heard good things about B&H camera and Adorama store too. Still I
    haven't decided yet .

    Thanks all,
    tony Guest

  18. #18

    tony <com> writes:

    It's your money, but Abes is one of the legendary camera scam dealers that use
    the upsell to sell you a lot of overpriced accessories, and if you don't buy
    the accessories, suddenly the camera is unavailable. Besides, given they are
    based in Brooklyn, the "of Maine" part is either a part of their past, or
    perhaps stretching the truth

    B&H and Adorama are reputable companies, though I tend to buy from Adorama more
    due to B&H shipping policies (due to problems with the local delivery drivers,
    my shipping address is now a UPS store, and B&H doesn't like that for online
    orders). However, the price you pay is a "fair".

    --
    Michael Meissner
    email: org

  19. #19

    Chuck wrote:

    The code was broken a long time ago: Buy from ebay when you can get a good
    price; buy from KEH when you can't. Sell to KEH if you have large variety of
    items to sell all at once, sell through ebay for single parts;

    Alan Guest

  20. #20

    tony wrote:

    Abes has a less than stellar reputation. Caveat Emptor.

    Alan Guest

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast