Professional Web Applications Themes

Bickham Script Endings for PC - Adobe Indesign Windows

Previously I have used the Bickham Script font on a Mac in Illustrator and InDesign CS and grew to love the "Endings" that are part of the font. I am now forced to use a PC and recently purchased Bickham Script Pro, again to use in Illustrator and InDesign CS. I am unable to access "Endings". The Glyphs drop down menu has all the other features I am used to, but it does not have "Endings"? Is there a setting I need to adjust or are the Bickham Script "Endings" not available on PC?...

  1. #1

    Default Bickham Script Endings for PC

    Shauna_Christofferson@adobeforums.com Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Bickham Script Endings for PC

    http://store.adobe.com/type/browser/pdfs/BIPQ/BickhamScriptPro-Regular.pdf

    Do your Endings show there?

    Ken Benson

    Kenneth_Benson@adobeforums.com Guest

  3. #3

    Yes. If I understand you correctly, you are asking if I see the endings that I was familiar with on the PDF doent. Bickham does have alternate forms of a letter that can be used to end a word ("Ending" on the attached PDF doent). What I am looking for is beyond that. The ligaments titled ornaments are what I have previously used as endings, however, on my Mac I was able to attach them to the end of a letter to create a fluid ending.

    On my PC I am able to add an ornament as a separate ligament, but not able to attach it to a letter. If I select the letter (or the word), and double click on an ornament through the glyphs menu, the ornament replaces the letter. If I remember the Mac menu correctly, there was a menu selection for ornaments, and a separate one for endings.
    Shauna_Christofferson@adobeforums.com Guest

  4. #4

    I think you should insert the 'ending' after the character. So don''t select the charactr, but place the cursor directly after it and insert the ending.

    Teus
    Teus_de_Jong@adobeforums.com Guest

  5. #5

    Thanks for the suggestion. I have tried that and it did not work either.
    Shauna_Christofferson@adobeforums.com Guest

  6. #6

    I've just looked into this. What you can do is select the end character, go to the glyph palette and choose at the top Alternates for Selection. You will have all alternates on the palette.

  7. #7

    Thank you for taking the time to consider my question. Your suggestion does give me access to a few alternate endings, but it does not give me access to the very ornate ornament endings. That is what I am looking for.
    Shauna_Christofferson@adobeforums.com Guest

  8. #8

    I don't have Bickham Script Pro, but I don't understand why you can't type a
    character and then insert (not replace, as you were doing earlier) the glyph
    you want after that.

    Are the glyphs you want not available in the font? Or are you not able to
    insert them for some reason?

    And what are ligaments?

  9. #9

    I'm a little late to the party but let me assure you that the OpenType
    version of the font is exactly the same on both platforms.

    Bob
    Bob Guest

  10. #10

    Previously I have used the Bickham Script font on a Mac in Illustrator
    and InDesign CS and grew to love the "Endings" that are part of the font.

    1. There is no difference in features here between ID on a Mac or a PC.
    2. Could it be you had the Type 1 version of the Bickham Script (if there ever existed one)?
    3. I opened the Bickham Script Pro in FontLab and it really only has the alternates I referred to in post 5. The only extra things it has are ornaments, which can be chosen as one of the alternates of the bullet.

  11. #11

    Thank you all. I believe you are correct. It has been long enough since I used Mac that my memory is faint. I think that I must have created outlines of the ornaments and the words and used those to create the connection. I appreciate the valued comments.
    Shauna_Christofferson@adobeforums.com Guest

  12. #12

    I have Bickham Script Pro on the Mac. I've looked though all the OpenType features in the Control palette menu. I've looked at the Glyphs palette. In the Show menu there are a variety of different forms. There is one called Stylistic Alternates which shows ending forms, but it's not called "Endings."

    But the font is exactly the same on both Mac and Windows.
    Steve_Werner@adobeforums.com Guest

  13. #13

    There used to be an MM version of Bickham Script, with various bits in separate fonts. That's probably what Shauna used.

    I can assure her that everything that was in the old MM fonts we retained in Bickham Script Pro, plus a lot more!

    Regards,

    Thomas_Phinney@adobeforums.com Guest