Professional Web Applications Themes

Billy No Mates (That use PHP) seeks Mentor. - PHP Development

Hi, I have been playing with PHP for a few months now and have written an application that we are using at work for Garment Order Processing. The app works and does just about all we want it to do which is great. The trouble is its all been done in isolation. I could do with some harsh but constuctive opinions on it so that I can make it better Some parts of it are just plain clunky and as it gets scaled up to our 2 sister companies I'm sure that its performance will degrade. Any suggestions and what ...

  1. #1

    Default Billy No Mates (That use PHP) seeks Mentor.

    Hi,

    I have been playing with PHP for a few months now and have written an application that we are using at work for Garment
    Order Processing. The app works and does just about all we want it to do which is great. The trouble is its all been
    done in isolation. I could do with some harsh but constuctive opinions on it so that I can make it better Some parts of
    it are just plain clunky and as it gets scaled up to our 2 sister companies I'm sure that its performance will degrade.
    Any suggestions and what to do other than this post to get some help.

    Thanks for your time

    David

    David Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Billy No Mates (That use PHP) seeks Mentor.

    "David" <fingolfinbtinternet.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have been playing with PHP for a few months now and have written an
    application that we are using at work for Garment
    > Order Processing. The app works and does just about all we want it to do
    which is great. The trouble is its all been
    > done in isolation. I could do with some harsh but constuctive opinions on
    it so that I can make it better Some parts of
    > it are just plain clunky and as it gets scaled up to our 2 sister
    companies I'm sure that its performance will degrade.
    > Any suggestions and what to do other than this post to get some help.
    >
    > Thanks for your time
    >
    > David

    I had a look and thought it was poo :)
    RG

    RG Guest

  3. #3

    I agree that it prob is poo as you so constructively said however you aint looked at it. Hope you enjoyed your very
    little joke.Sadly its probably the high point of your day using your great wit so pointedly.

    Bye

    "RG" <MeNotTellingYa.com> wrote in message news:3f3357c4$0$46016$65c69314mercury.nildram.net ...

    > "David" <fingolfinbtinternet.com> wrote in message
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > I have been playing with PHP for a few months now and have written an
    > application that we are using at work for Garment
    > > Order Processing. The app works and does just about all we want it to do
    > which is great. The trouble is its all been
    > > done in isolation. I could do with some harsh but constuctive opinions on
    > it so that I can make it better Some parts of
    > > it are just plain clunky and as it gets scaled up to our 2 sister
    > companies I'm sure that its performance will degrade.
    > > Any suggestions and what to do other than this post to get some help.
    > >
    > > Thanks for your time
    > >
    > > David
    > >

    > I had a look and thought it was poo :)
    > RG

    David Guest

  4. #4

    > I agree that it prob is poo as you so constructively said however you
    aint looked at it. Hope you enjoyed your very
    > little joke.Sadly its probably the high point of your day using your great
    wit so pointedly.

    > Bye
    It was just a little attempt at sarcastically pointed out that you didn't
    provide any information about your request.
    Come on, dangle the carrot, where's the script, what does it do and how can
    we help?

    RG

    RG Guest

  5. #5

    Following the theme my poor inadequate efforts will shortly be visible at

    [url]http://members.lycos.co.uk/poopages/[/url]

    David

    "RG" <MeNotTellingYa.com> wrote in message news:3f336b3e$0$46016$65c69314mercury.nildram.net ...

    > "David" <fingolfinbtinternet.com> wrote in message
    > > I agree that it prob is poo as you so constructively said however you
    > aint looked at it. Hope you enjoyed your very
    > > little joke.Sadly its probably the high point of your day using your great
    > wit so pointedly.
    > >
    > > Bye
    >
    > It was just a little attempt at sarcastically pointed out that you didn't
    > provide any information about your request.
    > Come on, dangle the carrot, where's the script, what does it do and how can
    > we help?
    >
    > RG

    David Guest