I have some terrain models with high-res satellite images in texture layer 1.
They look great from a distance, but when the camera is close to the ground
they are an unacceptable blur. I'd like to use some tiled, low-res ground
textures (sand, soil, gravel etc.) in other layers that appear full strength
near the camera, but blend to the satellite image at distance. I thought about
linking the ground texture's transform position to the camera's transform
position, but that would make the ground texture move with the camera. The
camera must move across the ground, yet the world-relative position where the
ground texture blends with the distance texture must change with the camera
position. Is there any way to access mipmap properties and change the usual
low-res mipmapped copies to entirely different images?