A friend of mine, who works in finance, is considering buying a TiBook.
He's a long-term Mac fan, but he was forced to switch to PC in order to
run an application called Bloomberg Professional, which gives him access
to financial data provided by Bloomberg. This is a PC-only app, and
Bloomberg don't have any plans to offer a Mac version.

Does anyone out there use this application under VirtualPC or a similar
emulator? My friend would really like to move back to Mac, but his
livelihood depends on this application, so he has to be certain that he
can run it on a TiBook.

Bloomberg themselves can't say if it would work or not, and they charge
a $200 fee to let you move the application from one machine to another,
something which discourages casual experimentation.

Any answers, experiences, suggestions gratefully received.

Angus

--
"I am here by the will of the people ... and I *will* ["Metrophage",
not leave until I get my raincoat back." Richard Kadrey]