Professional Web Applications Themes

Blurry Text - Macromedia Flash Sitedesign

1/ Use text filed and do not include font outlines. It can be dynamic , not necessarily loaded into level , just type your content and set the text box to Dynamic. 2/set movie quality to high 3/ Use Device Fonts You can use transparent gifs. Specially designed fonts for flash can be found here:- [url]http://www.fontsforflash.com/[/url]...

  1. #1

    Default Re:Blurry Text

    stwingy webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Re:Blurry Text

    Pretty bad advice. Using device fonts makes your text change based on the
    computer its viewed on and not including font outlines requries that the
    user have the font on their computer to view it properly.

    The better suggestion is to look into pixel fonts. They offer very crisp
    looking fonts at small sizes or even bigger sizes. Anti-aliasing is what
    causes fonts to be blurry, but pixel fonts (when used correctly) are immune
    to this problem. Go to [url]www.fontsforflash.com[/url], [url]www.miniml.com[/url] to see what I
    mean. Make sure you read their FAQs or help docs on how to use them
    properly.

    Also, choose your fonts carefully in general. Some antialias better than
    others and that can make a big difference.

    Good luck!

    --
    Shane Elliott
    [url]www.timberfish.com[/url]

    "stwingy" <webforumsusermacromedia.com> wrote in message

    > 1/ Use text filed and do not include font outlines.
    > It can be dynamic , not necessarily loaded into level ,
    > just type your content and set the text box to Dynamic.
    > 2/set movie quality to high
    > 3/ Use Device Fonts
    >
    > You can use transparent gifs.
    > Specially designed fonts for flash can be found here:-
    > [url]http://www.fontsforflash.com/[/url]

    S. Elliott \(timberfish.com\) Guest

  3. #3

    Default Blurry Text

    I have created a site for a company. They like the site but had a request
    that I make the site so that it will load a smaller version (less pixels) for
    those users that still have their resolution set low. Under publish settings,
    there is a way to publish dimensions and change the pixels. I created the
    actual site at 800 x 600, I decided that I could do it by change the pixels to
    640 by 480. It seems to work but, now the complaint is that the text comes up
    blurry. I've tried making sure the x and y coordinates are all "even" or with
    no decimal points, but the text continues to appear blurry. Is there anything
    that I can do? Oh yeah, dynamic text moves around so this may not work either.
    Somebody Help?

    chesnutt Guest

  4. #4

    Default Re: Somebody Help Please - Blurry Text

    Is this business catering to really slow people? According to TheCounter.com, 1% of people using the web are lagging behind at 640x480. Is all this fuss really worth it?
    luna
    ladyluna Guest

  5. #5

    Besides that it is a very, very bad idea to scale a flash movie created for
    800x600 to 640x480 by simply putting in other values for width and height in
    the parameters. Not only will fontquality (especially aliased fonts)
    deteriorate, but also any bitmap image in the movie. Just don't do it; in
    the end it won'y even make your client happier. If you need it really at
    that size, if you're into quality, you're only option is rearranging the
    entire movie. Even better: try convincing your client that its either that
    for extra pay or live with the fact that 1% of the potential visitors,
    potentially will have to use the scrollbars.

    John

    -----------
    RESOURCES
    [url]http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search?hl=en&as_ugroup=*flash[/url]