Professional Web Applications Themes

Body Background Image Netscape? - Macromedia Dynamic HTML

Forgive my ignorance, but I cannot get the body background image to work for this page ([url]http://www.blueplanet-liveaboards.com[/url]) in Netscape 4.0 - 4.79. Also on this page the list menu is "all hanging out" when I apply CSS. Not sure if I'll just have to live with these issues or if they can be fixed. Thank you for any assistance you can provide :-)...

  1. #1

    Default Body Background Image Netscape?

    Forgive my ignorance, but I cannot get the body background image to work for
    this page ([url]http://www.blueplanet-liveaboards.com[/url]) in Netscape 4.0 - 4.79.
    Also on this page the list menu is "all hanging out" when I apply CSS. Not
    sure if I'll just have to live with these issues or if they can be fixed.
    Thank you for any assistance you can provide :-)

    GPNET Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Body Background Image Netscape?

    NN4x assumes that the link to the background image starts its path from the
    CSS file, not the parent HTML file. In the event that the CSS file, and the
    containing HTML file are not in the same level in the site, such links will
    fail. The solution is to make your link a root relative one, e.g.,

    body { background-image: url(\images\foo.gif); }

    --
    Murray --- ICQ 71997575
    ==================

    "GPNET" <mygpnethotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Forgive my ignorance, but I cannot get the body background image to work
    for
    > this page ([url]http://www.blueplanet-liveaboards.com[/url]) in Netscape 4.0 - 4.79.
    > Also on this page the list menu is "all hanging out" when I apply CSS.
    Not
    > sure if I'll just have to live with these issues or if they can be fixed.
    > Thank you for any assistance you can provide :-)

    Murray *TMM* Guest

  3. #3

    Murray,

    I've tried your suggestion as I understand it with no success. I've tried
    absolute url as well. Please take a look
    [url]http://www.barakuda-diving.com/draft/[/url] as I must be misunderstanding
    something. Thank you :-)

    GPNET

  4. #4

    Murray,

    Also I'm curious if you had any suggestions re: the language "jump menu" as
    I'm unsure why this is happening? Thank you :-)

    GPNET

  5. #5

    If you are concerned about supporting NN4x, then you cannot use underscores
    in your class names -

    ..st_tbcss {
    PADDING-RIGHT: 0px;
    PADDING-LEFT: 0px;
    PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px;
    MARGIN: 0px;
    BORDER-TOP-STYLE: none;
    PADDING-TOP: 0px;
    BORDER-RIGHT-STYLE: none;
    BORDER-LEFT-STYLE: none;
    BORDER-BOTTOM-STYLE: none
    }

    Also, when I browse to [url]http://www.barakuda-diving.com/draft/img/bg_main.jpg[/url]
    (where your stylesheet points), I get no image, although I see one on the
    page in IE. That's pretty strange.

    I'm not sure what you mean about the jump menu.

    Finally, your page will not be spidered with those sothink menus....

    --
    Murray --- ICQ 71997575