Professional Web Applications Themes

Bold, font color options not appearing for Publishers - Macromedia Contribute General Discussion

In Contribute 3.1, I have set up my client as a Publisher, and under Edit Role Settings/Styles and Fonts, I have selected everything so that they should have the ability to change font colors, sizes, etc. Yet for some reason, the Bold/Italic options are greyed out for them, and they can't see a pull-down menu for font sizes or anything. I have had them delete their connection, reestabish it manually, and that didn't work. I sent them a new connection key, and that didn't work either. Does anyone have any idea how I can get those options to show up ...

  1. #1

    Default Bold, font color options not appearing for Publishers

    In Contribute 3.1, I have set up my client as a Publisher, and under Edit Role
    Settings/Styles and Fonts, I have selected everything so that they should have
    the ability to change font colors, sizes, etc.

    Yet for some reason, the Bold/Italic options are greyed out for them, and they
    can't see a pull-down menu for font sizes or anything.

    I have had them delete their connection, reestabish it manually, and that
    didn't work. I sent them a new connection key, and that didn't work either.

    Does anyone have any idea how I can get those options to show up for them?

    Stewart Design Guest

  2. #2

    Something like this has happened to me. You may find the solution by taking a
    close look at your style sheet if you are using one. If you have this style set
    up, for example,

    p.hello {
    font-weight:normal;
    }

    then your Contribute users will not see the Bold or Italic options in the
    pulldown menu if they are editing something within a <p> tag with the "hello"
    class applied.

    aliencosmo Guest

  3. #3

    I have the same problem as Stewart. Can someone give me an answer in simple English about how to get a toolbar with bold and font options that can actually be understood?:disgust;
    Felixara Guest

  4. #4

    Several of my users have the same problem. We've tried all the things Stewart did and aliencosmo's suggestion doesn't apply to us. Anybody?? Pleeeeease??
    abna Guest

  5. #5

    I couldn't get the fonts faces or sizes to show up so I created a separate
    style sheet just for Contributors to use which addressed the problem for me. I
    didn't really want to leave the font faces wide-open for everyone to choose
    their own anyway. The Bold and Italic buttons are showing up and working fine.

    ziplexva Guest