Professional Web Applications Themes

Button1 prints frame1, button2 prints frame2? - Adobe Flash, Flex & Director

In short: Clicking Button1 should print Picture1, and clicking Button2 should print Picture2, but both buttons print the same picture OR (if I change something) both pictures. More info. I have Flash MX, but the Publish Settings are for Version 4. In the Flash file you see a picture(#1) and a button(#1). Button1 prints Picture1 and causes the movie to move on to Picture2 with Button2. Button2 prints Picture2. This is what should happen, but I can't get it right. The frame of Picture1 is labelled #p. Clicking Button1 AND Button2 prints Picture1. If I label the frame of Picture2 ...

  1. #1

    Default Button1 prints frame1, button2 prints frame2?

    In short: Clicking Button1 should print Picture1, and clicking Button2 should
    print Picture2, but both buttons print the same picture OR (if I change
    something) both pictures.

    More info. I have Flash MX, but the Publish Settings are for Version 4. In the
    Flash file you see a picture(#1) and a button(#1). Button1 prints Picture1 and
    causes the movie to move on to Picture2 with Button2. Button2 prints Picture2.
    This is what should happen, but I can't get it right. The frame of Picture1 is
    labelled #p. Clicking Button1 AND Button2 prints Picture1. If I label the frame
    of Picture2 with #p too, both buttons print both frames. And I want Button1 to
    print only Picture1, and Button2 to print only Picture2.

    I have tried various things, but I can't get it right. I guess it must be
    easy, but I'm not that familiair with Actionscript yet ;-(

    I've found in this forum a message about this topic, but the answer is too
    cryptic for me (11/05/2003, i am completely stumped,
    [url]http://www.macromedia.com/cfusion/webforums/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=288&thre[/url]
    adid=721821&highlight_key=y&keyword1=print). As said, I'm not that kind
    familiar with Actionscript, sorry.

    Hope someone can help me. My labour so far is to be seen at:
    [L=http://www.stolker.nl/test-print3.html]http://www.stolker.nl/test-print3.html
    [/L] , and the Flash MX file can be downloaded here:
    [L=http://www.stolker.nl/test-print3.sit]http://www.stolker.nl/test-print3.sit[/
    L]

    One more thing, all the buttons and pictures should be in one .swf-file, not
    in seperate files.

    Any help is greatly appreciated.

    Henk Stolker Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Button1 prints frame1, button2 prints frame2?

    Do you have any code?
    Jim Esteban Guest

  3. #3

    I don't know exactly which code you mean, and all the info is in the .fla-file
    (
    [L=http://www.stolker.nl/test-print3.sit]http://www.stolker.nl/test-print3.sit[/
    L] ), but I'm more than willing to tell something here.

    In frame 3 is the Picture1, the first picture to be printed. Frame 3 is
    labelled #p. In frame 4 is Button1 and Button1 has the Action-code:

    on (release) {
    printNum(0, "bmovie");
    gotoAndPlay("pag2");
    }

    In frame 5 (labelled as "pag2") is Picture2. In Frame6 is Button2 and Button2
    has the Action-code:

    on (release) {
    printNum(0, "bmovie");
    gotoAndStop("eind");
    }

    I KNOW I'm doing something wrong, but I don't know how to make it right.
    Clicking Button1 and Button2 prints Frame 3 (= Picture1). When Frame 5 is
    labelled as #p too, both buttons print both frames (= both Pictures). And I
    want Button1 to print Picture1, and Button2 to print Picture2.

    Thanks for your attention so far. I'm rather desperate about this. I need to
    work on this, but I'm stuck at the printbuttons, so any help is much
    appreciated. Thanks.

    Henk Stolker Guest

  4. #4

    I printed the PrintNum() help

    Looks like you need to be in Flash Player 5

    printNum()
    Availability
    Flash Player 5.

    Note: If you are authoring for Flash Player 7 or later, you can create a
    PrintJob object, which gives you (and the user) more control over the printing
    process. For more information, see the PrintJob class entry.

    Usage
    printNum (level, "Bounding box")

    Parameters
    level The level in Flash Player to print. By default, all of the frames in the
    level print. If you want to print specific frames in the level, assign a #p
    frame label to those frames.

    Bounding box A modifier that sets the print area of the movie. Enclose this
    parameter in quotation marks, and specify one of the following values:

    bmovie Designates the bounding box of a specific frame in a movie as the print
    area for all printable frames in the movie. Assign a #b frame label to the
    frame whose bounding box you want to use as the print area.
    bmax Designates a composite of all of the bounding boxes of all the printable
    frames as the print area. Specify the bmax parameter when the printable frames
    in your movie vary in size.
    bframe Indicates that the bounding box of each printable frame should be used
    as the print area for that frame. This changes the print area for each frame
    and scales the objects to fit the print area. Use bframe if you have objects of
    different sizes in each frame and want each object to fill the printed page.
    Returns
    Nothing.

    Description
    Function; prints the level in Flash Player according to the boundaries
    specified in the Bounding box parameter ("bmovie", "bmax", "bframe"). If you
    want to print specific frames in the target movie, attach a #p frame label to
    those frames. Although using printNum() results in higher quality prints than
    using printAsBitmapNum(), you cannot use printNum() to print movies with alpha
    transparencies or special color effects.

    If you use bmovie for the Bounding box parameter but do not assign a #b label
    to a frame, the print area is determined by the Stage size of the loaded movie.
    (The loaded movie does not inherit the main movie's Stage size.)

    All of the printable elements in a movie must be fully loaded before printing
    can begin.

    The Flash Player printing feature supports PostScript and non-PostScript
    printers. Non-PostScript printers convert vectors to bitmaps.

    See also
    print(), printAsBitmap(), printAsBitmapNum(), PrintJob class

    Jim Esteban Guest

  5. #5

    Thanks for the reply. But I still didn't get it right. I want Button1 to print
    FrameA, and (on another frame) Button2 to print FrameB. FrameA is labelled #p,
    and so is FrameB. But Button1 as well as Button2 print both frames. And
    whatever number the level is at printNum (level..., it makes no difference.
    Turning the frames A and B into movieclips, and doing 'printNum (target is
    instancename of the movieclip', it makes no difference. Labelling a frame in
    the movieclip #p and no #p in the main timelime causes all frames in the main
    timeline to print.

    What am I doing wrong??

    Henk Stolker Guest