Professional Web Applications Themes

Buttons: Converting to Symbol - Macromedia Fireworks

I have a new problem. :-) For months I have been trying to get this to work. Here is the question without trying to confuse: I've created a button and know how to convert it to a symbol on mouseover. Now, I want to add an animated gif, so when one mouses over it, it animates. Now, I have two images. The main image that one will mouse over. And the second image I made separately, which is an animated gif. How do I put the two together? I can't figure out how to add all of the frames. It's ...

  1. #1

    Default Buttons: Converting to Symbol

    I have a new problem. :-) For months I have been trying to get this to work.

    Here is the question without trying to confuse: I've created a button and know how to convert it to a symbol on mouseover. Now, I want to add an animated gif, so when one mouses over it, it animates.

    Now, I have two images. The main image that one will mouse over. And the second image I made separately, which is an animated gif. How do I put the two together? I can't figure out how to add all of the frames. It's a layout that I am making, and am going to slice it all up and export it to dreamweaver. Do I manually create the animation upon converting to symbol, or did I do it correctly by making two different gifs?

    Bleh, I hope I'm making sense. An example is located at this woman's site: http://nenuphar.net/main3.php?p=_domain. The square buttons at the top right.

    Thanks, =)
    Tiff

    homepage
    etiphany Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Buttons: Converting to Symbol

    Oh, I forgot. I saw where it says "import button" on the "over" part of converting to a symbol. Can I import the button? I tried, but it only had a list of Fireworks premade buttons.

    What a pain. :P

    homepage
    etiphany Guest

  3. #3

    If youre trying to get a button to animate when you mouse over such as in
    the sample web site you mentioned you would be best doing the animated
    button in flash and then pasting it into dreamweaver.

    The other alternative would be to have it animate as an animated gif created
    in Fireworks. In which case you need to read the manual starting from page
    290. Basically you have to create the symbol as an animation type, set up
    your frames, draw the animation, and then input it into dreamweaver where
    you would set it up to run on mouse over.

    --
    Regards

    Nigel Stutt
    Web Site Architect

    Email freeserve.co.uk
    Website http://www.nstutt.freeserve.co.uk/

    "It's life, Jim, but not as we know it."
    "etiphany" <com> wrote in message
    work.
    know how to convert it to a symbol on mouseover. Now, I want to add an
    animated gif, so when one mouses over it, it animates.
    second image I made separately, which is an animated gif. How do I put the
    two together? I can't figure out how to add all of the frames. It's a
    layout that I am making, and am going to slice it all up and export it to
    dreamweaver. Do I manually create the animation upon converting to symbol,
    or did I do it correctly by making two different gifs?
    site: http://nenuphar.net/main3.php?p=_domain. The square buttons at the
    top right.

    Nats Guest