Professional Web Applications Themes

buttons in mc buttons don't work ? - Macromedia Flash

I'd like to make a menu that is off the page. The only part showing would be a tab that says "menu". So I made an MC that is off the page and has code that when you mouse over it, it slides onto the stage. I want to use actionscript and a physics script so that it is completely interactive as you mouse over it. In other words, I don't want to push a button and have it slide out. I want it to slide out her the longer you stay moused over. If you rollout at anytime, it ...

  1. #1

    Default buttons in mc buttons don't work ?

    I'd like to make a menu that is off the page. The only part showing
    would be a tab that says "menu". So I made an MC that is off the page
    and has code that when you mouse over it, it slides onto the stage. I
    want to use actionscript and a physics script so that it is completely
    interactive as you mouse over it. In other words, I don't want to push
    a button and have it slide out. I want it to slide out her the
    longer you stay moused over. If you rollout at anytime, it would
    return smoothly.

    Inside this mc is the rest of the buttons for navigation.

    Well buttons or mc buttons don't seem to work inside of another mc
    button like this.

    How would you make something like this?
    rez Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: buttons in mc buttons don't work ?

    we can't tell you w/o a code showing us what you did...

    --

    -----------------------
    morph(c)2004

    morph©2004 Guest

  3. #3

    On Wed, 13 Apr 2005 23:52:11 -0400, rez <noway.com> wrote:

    Oh. Thanks for replying. Well it never worked so I got rid of it.
    Maybe if I simplify the idea, someone can give me an answer:

    If you put rollover code on an MC, buttons inside of the MC won't
    work. So how would you mouse over an mc that contains a button and
    have the MC slide around?

    Maybe with hit test?

    Could anyone please give me example code of how to make an mc slide
    around the screen while mousing over it without using button code
    (onRollover, etc) on the MC?

  4. #4

    That is correct .. if the buttons are in the clip and it is the clip that is
    responding to the mouse (because it has the rollover) then the buttons
    inside the clip never get a look-in at the mouse, as the clip is the one
    responding to it.

    If you instead look at the mouse position and hit test to see if it is
    within the bounds of the clip, and put that in an onEnterFrame function,
    then that is not grabbing mouse events (its just taking a peek), and the
    buttons should then still get the mouse events (like press and release).
    --
    All the best,
    Jeckyl

    Jeckyl Guest