Professional Web Applications Themes

Buying an OEM version of photoshop - Adobe Photoshop 7, CS, CS2 & CS3

Hello new here but have a question, i have noticed a copy of Photoshop 7 for sale on ebay i contacted the seller they say they have reciepts but its an OEM version is it ok to buy OEM versions from others?...

Default Buying an OEM version of photoshop

Hello new here but have a question, i have noticed a copy of Photoshop 7 for sale on ebay i contacted the seller they say they have reciepts but its an OEM version is it ok to buy OEM versions from others?
    scott_pepper@adobeforums.com Guest

Default Buying an OEM version of photoshop

Hello new here but have a question, i have noticed a copy of Photoshop 7 for sale on ebay i contacted the seller they say they have reciepts but its an OEM version is it ok to buy OEM versions from others?

Default Re: Buying an OEM version of photoshop

People who sell pirate versions of Photoshop always falsely claim they are "OEM" versions in an attempt to explain to their customers why Adobe does not provide technical support or allow upgrades.
    Thomas_Knoll@adobeforums.com Guest

People who sell pirate versions of Photoshop always falsely claim they are "OEM" versions in an attempt to explain to their customers why Adobe does not provide technical support or allow upgrades.
    Thomas_Knoll@adobeforums.com Guest

does ps even ship as an oem version? must be some expensive hardware for them to ship a $600+ application for free with it!
    dave_milbut@adobeforums.com Guest

does ps even ship as an oem version? must be some expensive hardware for them to ship a $600+ application for free with it!

it's pirated. you'll never be able to upgrade it. see your other thread.

Scott,

As Dave said I don't think Photoshop 7 is available OEM. I haven't seen any
    hardware being a high end scanner or digital camera that comes with a full
    version of Photoshop. I think this is part of the reason they created
    Photoshop Elements as it is a more affordable alternative for OEM
    distribution.

That said even if it was a true full legit OEM version it is illegal to sell
    OEM software without the hardware it was licensed for. In this case usually
    a scanner or digital camera. So I would say pass it up.

Also, I can't really recommend buying software on eBay. You may think you
    are getting a good deal but 9 times out of 10 your end up getting shafted
    and this is one time when seller ratings don't matter as people that don't
    care if it is legal or not maybe happy with what they got as long as it
    installs and works.

Robert

Robert_Barnett@adobeforums.com Guest

A few months ago I purchased Adobe Photoshop 7 from a spam type promotion that kept appearing in my in box. The program installed and works OK except for "HELP" which always returns a message saying the page is unavailable. Checking with ADOBE, I was told that the serial number was incorrect and I was referred to this forum. The page with my disk which provided the serial number mentioned that it was an OEM version. From the previous comments, am I to infer I purchased a pirated copy? The product came from LES Distributors, 9811 W. Charleston, Suite 2-177, Las Vegas, NV 89117.

I'd never purchase software from an individual but this appeared to be a ligitimate business and the offer was being widely advertised for some period of time so it would have seemed easy for ADOBE to catch if not legitimate.

Comments?
    Kenneth_Bacon@adobeforums.com Guest

Yes.
    Rich_Beardsley@adobeforums.com Guest

Kenneth,

That place is infamous for selling pirated software.

Watch out, they may have slipped a little spyware in it as well. Oh yeah, criminals now have your credit card info.
    Cheesefood@adobeforums.com Guest

Thanks for replys guys ok is there anywhere in the UK / Europe that will sell older verisions of photoshop eg version 3, 4, 5 any idea of how much these may cost?

i'll giv u some help here;s my email address. com , it envolves downloading...
    DAN_WYKES@adobeforums.com Guest

Scott

There really aren't that many "older versions" of Photoshop available. You see, when a user upgrades to a new version, they do not have the right to sell the old ones. There is a single license number for both.

Thus, only if someone buys PS and later stops using it entirely will a legitimate used copy become available.
    Don_McCahill@adobeforums.com Guest

"DAN WYKES - 04:09pm Oct 13, 2003 Pacific (#9 of 10)

i'll giv u some help here;s my email address. com , it envolves downloading... "

Now if THAT doesn't look like an offer to download a version of PS, I'm Britney Spears!!!
    Ol__Whozit@adobeforums.com Guest

2 comments:

1) I have successfully purchased a shrink-wrapped, unused, legal "old" version of PS via eBay. Maybe I just got lucky.

2) I am 99.9% sure that there was an OEM version of full PS, but I think it was PS 6. It was offered with a Kodak camera a couple of years back. It was such a good deal that I thought of buying it, as it was "PS with a free camera" [in effect].
    Colin_Walls@adobeforums.com Guest

By any chance can i buy direct from adobe ???

Sure, just go to www.adobe.com

but it won't be an OEM version since they wouldn't be selling any hardware to attach it to.
    E._Segen@adobeforums.com Guest

mean will they have older versions cheaper?????

anyway if i was 2 buy from ebay can u guys at adobe show me what to look for to nake sure a seller is legit eg they have to sell the license aswell people have said to make sure they have box, license packaging etc ami right?

If it's in a sealed, shrink-wrapped box, along with manuals etc., you are on somewhat safer ground.

Also, on eBay, read the ratings by previous buyers. If they don't look "clean", don't buy.
    Colin_Walls@adobeforums.com Guest