Professional Web Applications Themes

bypassing dell bios click through license - Linux Setup, Configuration & Administration

You will need a bootable CD-ROM or the USB floppy drive and a bootable floppy diskette. Insert the bootable media and power up the machine. You will be given a couple of seconds to press the <F12> key to do a one time boot device change. This happens before the click through license is displayed. Select the CD-ROM drive or USB floppy drive and boot without accepting the click through license. At this point you should burn the image of the hard disk onto another device so you can restore it if you have any problems in the future. Apparently ...

  1. #1

    Default bypassing dell bios click through license

    You will need a bootable CD-ROM or the USB floppy drive and a bootable
    floppy diskette.

    Insert the bootable media and power up the machine.

    You will be given a couple of seconds to press the <F12> key to do a
    one time
    boot device change. This happens before the click through license is
    displayed.

    Select the CD-ROM drive or USB floppy drive and boot without accepting
    the
    click through license.

    At this point you should burn the image of the hard disk onto another
    device
    so you can restore it if you have any problems in the future.

    Apparently Dell laptops are so poorly built that installing a new OS
    voids the
    warranty.

    Have a nice day, and next time you need a laptop, do not buy a Dell.
    I would not have if my employer had not paid for it.
    myob Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: bypassing dell bios click through license

    On 14 Sep 2003 11:51:51 -0700, myob <qp123email.com> wrote:

    > You will need a bootable CD-ROM or the USB floppy drive and a bootable
    > floppy diskette.
    >
    > Insert the bootable media and power up the machine.
    >
    > You will be given a couple of seconds to press the <F12> key to do a
    > one time
    > boot device change. This happens before the click through license is
    > displayed.
    >
    > Select the CD-ROM drive or USB floppy drive and boot without accepting
    > the
    > click through license.
    >
    > At this point you should burn the image of the hard disk onto another
    > device
    > so you can restore it if you have any problems in the future.
    >
    > Apparently Dell laptops are so poorly built that installing a new OS
    > voids the
    > warranty.

    Bet you that's M$ gangsterism instead of poor workmanship you are dealing
    with.

    Gateway won't sell a blank computer: It come's with M$ or you don't get
    it.

    > Have a nice day, and next time you need a laptop, do not buy a Dell.
    > I would not have if my employer had not paid for it.

    Good of you to post this for now and the Archives.

    AC

    --

    take control of your mailbox ----- elrav1 ----- [url]http://tinyurl.com/l55a[/url]

    Alan Connor Guest

  3. #3

    On Sun, 14 Sep 2003 11:51:51 -0700, myob wrote:
    > You will need a bootable CD-ROM or the USB floppy drive and a bootable
    > floppy diskette.
    >
    > Insert the bootable media and power up the machine.
    >
    > You will be given a couple of seconds to press the <F12> key to do a one
    > time
    > boot device change. This happens before the click through license is
    > displayed.
    >
    > Select the CD-ROM drive or USB floppy drive and boot without accepting the
    > click through license.
    >
    > At this point you should burn the image of the hard disk onto another
    > device
    > so you can restore it if you have any problems in the future.
    >
    > Apparently Dell laptops are so poorly built that installing a new OS voids
    > the
    > warranty.
    >
    > Have a nice day, and next time you need a laptop, do not buy a Dell. I
    > would not have if my employer had not paid for it.
    Will you expand a little on the ramifications if you DO accept the click
    through license. Can you no longer boot from anything BUT the hard drive?

    Charles Sullivan Guest

  4. #4

    On Mon, 15 Sep 2003 22:46:44 GMT, Charles Sullivan <rr.com>:

    I believe this is more related to Dell's draconian manner of getting
    you to accept the Micro$h*t Tax. IOW, no you may not refuse the
    shrinkwrap licence then get your money back for sh*tware you don't
    want or intend to use. If you don't accept, send it back and they'll
    return your money.

    I really like my I4k. It is good hardware and Dell do have decent
    policies about swapping out/in features at purchase time.
    Unfortunately, this doesn't extend to the bundled sh*tware. Dell's
    just as addicted to MS as pretty well everybody else is these days.

    (*) http://www.spots.ab.ca/~keeling
    - - http://learn.to/quote (Deutsch) http://quote.6x.to (Eng.)
    Spammers! http://www.spots.ab.ca/~keeling/spammers.html
    s. Guest

  5. #5

    s. keeling wrote:

    I know one sale they lost due to not being able to get a system
    without having to pay the microsoft tax. Then again I've built 7
    other systems since then and didn't even bother looking to DELL
    or any other systems manufacturer so they may have lost a couple
    more sales since then as well.

    --
    Confucius: He who play in root, eventually kill tree.
    Registered with The Linux Counter. http://counter.li.org/

  6. #6

    On 14 Nov 2003 22:28:36 GMT, ab.ca (s. keeling) wrote:

    .... why on EARTH have you resurrected a thread from sept?
    ..
    Art is either plagiarism or revolution. - Paul Gauguin
    mjt Guest

  7. #7

    On Sat, 15 Nov 2003 15:04:31 GMT, mjt <com>:

    > ... why on EARTH have you resurrected a thread from sept?[/ref]

    Why the needless obsession with currency?

    It appeared to me that no-one had answered him, so I did. Better late
    than never.