Professional Web Applications Themes

C3 for School site - Macromedia Contribute General Discussion

:confused; I am doing a site for a local school (a voluntary activity to learn the ropes). I have got them to buy Studio 8 and I've just started the ysis. I am tempted to get them to use Contribute 3 (3.1!) to update selected areas leaving the html for whoever wants to change that part as a separate activity. This is because I would rather not have a go at a CMS (their website host only offers ASP for their free level of hosting). Reading this forum I see the potential problems(!) and would at least be into giving ...

  1. #1

    Default C3 for School site

    :confused;
    I am doing a site for a local school (a voluntary activity to learn the
    ropes). I have got them to buy Studio 8 and I've just started the ysis. I
    am tempted to get them to use Contribute 3 (3.1!) to update selected areas
    leaving the html for whoever wants to change that part as a separate activity.
    This is because I would rather not have a go at a CMS (their website host only
    offers ASP for their free level of hosting). Reading this forum I see the
    potential problems(!) and would at least be into giving them a tutorial.

    Am I right to persue this route? Is there anyone out there who is doing a
    school site who is also fairly novice at this (or whatever), who would like to
    be in contact to share experiences? (I would give them my email in a response)?

    ROGM Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: C3 for School site

    I RECOMMEND YOU TO SERCH TUTORIALS FOR CONTRIBUTE IF I CAN HELP YOU IM HERE TO HELP WELCOME!!! P.D. PLEASE DONT DUPLICATE THE POSTS
    lmartinezcastillo Guest

  3. #3

    I'd recommend it. My wife is a teacher with no previous web editing ex[erience and updates this site regularly with Contribute: [url]www.thurlstoneprimary.co.uk[/url]
    Good luck!
    nm4s Guest

  4. #4

    Hi, I am leaning to admin our school website using Contribute 3. Here is the
    site. http:[url]www.msad54.org[/url]. Each secretary in each of our schools has
    contribute. Our pages are made using DW 8. I have made a template for each of
    the schools. I have a lot to learn to admin this properly. Would love to
    communicate with you.. Where are you located. Nancy

    skowhegan Guest

  5. #5

    Located in Dorset England. I assume you are in the USA? I have only really
    started ysing the existing school site bt have read a book on C3 and sort
    of understand what's going on. I have yet to build the templates. If you want
    to communicate, that's fine by me but it would be best offline. How do we get
    emails exchanged? Bit of a novice with these forums and do'nt really want to
    make my email address public.

    ROGM Guest

  6. #6

    Absolutely!
    I have been working with our school for the last few years trying to get the
    staff to participate in the district web site.
    There was very little interest from anyone until our Academic Foundation
    agreed to purchase C3 this past school year.
    Now each teacher has the ability to create their own classroom web page and we
    have about 90% participation. Granted, not everyone has fully embraced the
    idea but most have. Some have taken a very basic approach with minimal
    information on their pages. Others have totally surprised me and really taken
    advantage of the opportunity adding study helps, Power Point presentations,
    audio links, photos, and more.

    phramer Guest

  7. #7

    Skowhegan,you want to get in contact? Good idea. I can't send you a private message as you have not enabled them. Send me a private messge to get started.
    ROGM Guest