Professional Web Applications Themes

Calendars in Photoshop Elements ? - Adobe Photoshop Elements

Hi group! I was wondering, does anybody know of a plugin to do calendars under Photoshop Elements (or Photoshop 7) ? I don't need the full borders / backgrounds / etc thing, only the squares and numbers. I could do this manually, but... if there's something already done, why reinvent the wheel..? :) Thanks! Ray...

  1. #1

    Default Calendars in Photoshop Elements ?

    Hi group!

    I was wondering, does anybody know of a plugin to do calendars under Photoshop Elements (or
    Photoshop 7) ? I don't need the full borders / backgrounds / etc thing, only the squares and
    numbers. I could do this manually, but... if there's something already done, why reinvent the
    wheel..? :)

    Thanks!

    Ray

    Ray Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Calendars in Photoshop Elements ?

    Hi Ray,

    Here's <http://humansoftware.com/pages1200/calendar2004/cal2004_1.html> a place that has calendar templates which will work in Elements with Mac or Windows.

    Barb
    imacgirl Guest

  3. #3

    Thanks, I've saw this site. But I wanted something which I can change. This one, you have to buy a
    year. I want more flexibility.

    Ray

    Ray Guest

  4. #4

    Hi Ray, I have tried to get software to do calendars on Macs, but never found anything good. The ones I have made from scratch look crummy.

    So I send in my photos to a commercial place.

    But I signed up for Shutterfly recently and they have a calendar construction page!
    I haven't used it yet, but it looks as if it would be really nice.
    I want to make calendars for family Christmas presents if it works like they advertize.

    Jane
    Jane Carter Guest

  5. #5

    Ray,

    When you make your move to Mac, you'll get Appleworks for free (iMac, eMac, & iBooks) and that does a pretty good job with calendars. Also, you'll get iCal (Apple's PIM, sort of) for free as well. Hang in there until you get your new Mac.

    Joe
    Joe Henry1000 Guest

  6. #6

    Joe & Jane, there are tons of software to do calendars under Windows. I only wanted to find
    something that does the layout of the month and would let me handle the rest within Photoshop
    Elements. I have PrintMaster currently, and it does calendar very nicely. But, it's not
    Photoshop... so I can't be creative as much as I'd like.

    Ray Guest

  7. #7

    Ray, I know what you mean. I have Print Master as well for the 'dinky' stuff like labels etc.... My mother in law made some really nice calendars with ' Calendar Creator' and then she took the printed matter to STAPLES and had them binded at a darn low rate. I plan on doing the same....some day. Hey, maybe PE 3 has the option.....will see....that would be very very cool.
    Jodi Frye Guest

  8. #8

    Hey... Never thought of this... I will go right away make a feature request out of this!
    I don't think a full wizard would be required, but just the boxes with days / numbers. We can
    manage the rest!

    Ray Guest

  9. #9

    Absolutely !
    Jodi Frye Guest

  10. #10

    Hi Ray
    You may have already checked into this . .. Adobe Studio Exchange. . .There I found a "Wallpaper Calendar" - don't know if this may suite your purpose. <http://share.studio.adobe.com/axAssetDetailSubmit.asp?aID=6851&back=http%3A%2F%2 Fshare%2Estudio%2Eadobe%2Ecom%2FaxBrowseSubmit%2Ea sp%3Fr%3D0%26t%3D18%26pgsel1%3D4>

    Also there is a 2004 monthly calendar for use in Illustrator. You can copy and paste each month as a separate page into PhotoShop 7 - <http://share.studio.adobe.com/axAssetDetailSubmit.asp?aID=6992&back=http%3A%2F%2 Fshare%2Estudio%2Eadobe%2Ecom%2FaxQuickSearchSubmi t%2Easp%3Ftxt%3Dcalendar%26allprods%3D0%26submit1% 2Ex%3D26%26submit1%2Ey%3D6>

    beth
    bethC Guest

  11. #11

    Thanks Beth, I will use the template and start from there.

    Ray

    Ray Guest

  12. #12

    Ray, check out this site. I downloaded this, and it wanted to go into my Elements Plugin folder. (Except I wouldn't let it.) It doesn't say it's for PS, but JPEG is mentioned, and it's supposed to work in CorelDraw. ???

    <http://www.bykeyword.com/pages/detail2/download-2976.html>
    Beth Haney Guest

  13. #13

    Beth, is it a stand-alone app ?
    Jodi Frye Guest

  14. #14

    I don't think so. It appears to be a plug in for making customized calendars, but I couldn't figure out what to do with it after I unzipped it. It wanted to load itself and I wouldn't let it. It's probably for Win machines, although it didn't say one way or the other. I figured somebody more experienced at playing with toys might be able to figure it out! Whatever it is, it's free! :) The link I gave has a download section on the page, but it's not the download itself.
    Beth Haney Guest

  15. #15

    I've downloaded it two times and I still get an error when I want to unzip it :(

  16. #16

    I tried it out too and got the error message about compression when I downloaded it. If you go to the next page <http://www.dehelp.com/> you will see that you have to pay for it to get the complete version.
    bethC Guest

  17. #17

    Oh well... I guess I'll wait for Adobe to come up with something :)
    Thanks Beth

    Ray Guest

  18. #18

    Can you use Photoshop Album calendars in Elements? I don't have Album yet, but I have been thinking about it as my digital photos increase. Just an idea.

    I have CorelDraw 11 and it comes with the Calendar Wizard mentioned earlier (as a Visual Basic macro). Superfast and customizable (i.e. red letter days, moon phases, month or year calendars). I can create the vector calendar in CDraw and export as a .psd and bring it into Elements. Sounds like just what you want, Ray. ;-)

    Patti
    Patti Anderson Guest

  19. #19

    Album calendar are not exactly nice to look at (sorry Adobe... this could have used a little more
    options!). I could, but I have to resize and enlarged the months' data and it's not going to look
    nice.

    I have Corel Essentials, but it doesn't come with any macro (and I believe VBA is not even activated
    in this strip down version). I was planning on going to the full version, especially since Corel is
    opening the upgrade program for users of Photoshop and Painter (I have Corel Painter). Now might be
    a good incentive to do so!

    Thanks Patti!

    Ray

    Ray Guest

  20. #20

    <http://www.oberonplace.com/products/calendarwizard/index.htm>

    This site shows you screenshots and has details/tutorials about the Calendar Wizard in CorelDraw 11. The wizard really is self explanatory, but it will give you a preview. It talks about installing it in version 10, but note the message in red at the top, that says it comes with version 11.

    I used to use the Calendar Wizard script with version 9, but the Visual Basic macro creates it as fast as you can blink your eyes.

    Now that you've brought up the subject of using calendars in Elements, it's given me some ideas for personalized Christmas gifts...this should be fun!

    Patti
    Patti Anderson Guest

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast