Professional Web Applications Themes

camera and aplha problems...URGENT - Macromedia Director 3D

Hi! Two problems.... The first : The easyest way to create a collsion for the camer, i would like to keep the user in some areas and out of others. I was thinken that i could set up some planes with material alpha 0% on, and that would be an inviseble fence. Is thise possible? All modeling done in 3ds max 5. Any good ideas?? perhaps eaven a tutorial?? Second problem : Seams like som of my planes with alphachannel textuers (works like coulisses for me) wont constrain to the geometry.....the jump in front of houses that they are placed ...

  1. #1

    Default camera and aplha problems...URGENT

    Hi!

    Two problems....

    The first :

    The easyest way to create a collsion for the camer, i would like to keep the user in some areas and out of others. I was thinken that i could set up some planes with material alpha 0% on, and that would be an inviseble fence. Is thise possible? All modeling done in 3ds max 5.

    Any good ideas?? perhaps eaven a tutorial??

    Second problem :

    Seams like som of my planes with alphachannel textuers (works like coulisses for me) wont constrain to the geometry.....the jump in front of houses that they are placed behind. Any idea why the do thise??

    Would be very happy for all answers, dont have to be an answer, just o tought or something.

    Thanx alot!

    biiin webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: camera and aplha problems...URGENT

    "biiin" [email]webforumsusermacromedia.com[/email] wrote:
    > I was thinken that i could set up some planes with material alpha 0% on, and that would be an inviseble fence. Is thise possible? All modeling done in 3ds max 5.
    That can be done but would be overkilling. Besides, that kind of effect
    could be achieved just changing the blend of the shader. But it you like
    faking things, then you love to hear this ;)

    - make a model (that will be invisible in director) with the shape of
    your fences.

    - When the movie starts, pFenceModel.removeFromWorld()

    - on everyFrame

    - pGroupOfALLtheVisibleModelsOfYourScene.removeFromW orld()

    - pFenceModel.addToWorld()

    - collision detection with modelsUnderRay()

    - pFenceModel.removeFromWorld()

    - pGroupOfALLtheVisibleModelsOfYourScene.addToWorld( )

    > Seams like som of my planes with alphachannel textuers (works like coulisses for me) wont constrain to the geometry.....the jump in front of houses that they are placed behind. Any idea why the do thise??
    Z-fighting. You can look detailed info about the reasons googling this
    group. Medion has wrote a lot about this (and about almost everything
    :P). But the short andwer is that you can solve this by dividing your
    models into smaller parts. However, this will decrease the performance.
    > Would be very happy for all answers, dont have to be an answer, just o tought or something.
    Lemme know what mine´s was hehe.

    Byye!
    --
    Agustín María Rodríguez | [email]agustinOnWine.com.ar[/email] | [url]www.OnWine.com.ar[/url]

    Agustín María Rodríguez Guest

  3. #3

    Hi there!!
    Realy nice of you to take some of your time and spend it on me !! =)

    a small question, pGroupOfALLtheVisibleModelsOfYourScene .... i´ve got about 150 - 200 models, om i supposed to write

    pGroupBx01.removeFromWorld()
    pGroupBx02.removeFromWorld()

    and so on?

    biiin webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  4. #4

    You can do it like this:

    repeat with i = pGroupBx01.count down to 1
    pGroupBx01.child(i).removeFromWorld()
    end repeat

    This'll remove all children of the group, no matter how many there are.

    - Dave Wulf

    >"biiin" [email]webforumsusermacromedia.com[/email] wrote in message news:<bniq81$o8v$1forums.macromedia.com>...
    > a small question, pGroupOfALLtheVisibleModelsOfYourScene .... i´ve got about 150 - 200 models, om i supposed to write
    >
    > pGroupBx01.removeFromWorld()
    > pGroupBx02.removeFromWorld()
    >
    > and so on?
    Dave Wulf Guest

  5. #5

    "biiin" [email]webforumsusermacromedia.com[/email] wrote:
    > a small question, pGroupOfALLtheVisibleModelsOfYourScene .... i´ve got about 150 - 200 models, om i supposed to write
    >
    > pGroupBx01.removeFromWorld()
    > pGroupBx02.removeFromWorld()
    >
    > and so on?
    No, you don´t need such a pain. You can use a repeat loop like I did in
    this example.

    --First, I make a new group that will contain all the visible models
    pMember.newGroup("visible geometry")

    --Loop through all the models of the scene
    repeat with mNum = 1 to pMember.model.count

    --reference to the actual model of the loop
    thisModel = pMember.model[mNum]

    --in this model´s name doesn´t have the word "not visible" in its name
    if not(thisModel.name contains "not visible") then

    -- then I make it part of the visible group
    thisModel.parent = visibleGroup
    end if
    end repeat

    And no, adding or removing the group will show or hide the 150/200
    models you have in your scene. Tell me if you need further details.

    C´ya,

  6. #6

    Sorry, I realize I should have written:

    repeat with i = pGroupOfALLtheVisibleModelsOfYourScene.child.count down to 1
    pGroupOfALLtheVisibleModelsOfYourScene.child(i).re moveFromWorld()
    next repeat
    >"biiin" [email]webforumsusermacromedia.com[/email] wrote in message news:<bniq81$o8v$1forums.macromedia.com>...
    > a small question, pGroupOfALLtheVisibleModelsOfYourScene .... i´ve got about 150 - 200 models, om i supposed to write
    >
    > pGroupBx01.removeFromWorld()
    > pGroupBx02.removeFromWorld()
    >
    > and so on?
    Dave Wulf Guest

  7. #7

    Default z-fighting

    Hi again!!

    I realy appreciate yuor help!

    im parently working on the z-fighting thing. I tried to divide to plane in to smaller objects. I diveded it to three diffrent objects. did not work im afraid. I diveded ta plan into 5 objects.

    Same problem. wired....or am I ? =)

    biiin webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  8. #8

    Default Re:z-fighting

    hello....

    you have to checke the normals of your faces in max 5....

    first to see what is really happening, disable "force two-sided" in the viewports (by right-click on the viewportname)...

    then you can see how the faces will behave in shockwave...

    if you can see through your fence from the desired direction, the the normals are not correct...
    select the desired faces, apply an normal-modiefier, and it will work....

    so long

    johannes_doe webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  9. #9

    Hi thanx for answering my questions.

    Tried the thing with normal modifiers...think im doing somthing wrong.
    I click on the disered face/object. Then I click on the "modify", choose edit normals....and then what???

    Realy need thise one...thank you for taking of your time to help me!

    biiin webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  10. #10

    Realy need help with thise...pls take a look at the reffering URL 1 above.

    Don´t have a clue about what to do

    biiin webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest