Professional Web Applications Themes

camera s after each complete revolution - Macromedia Director 3D

hi This is kasi and i want to rotate my camera around a house model.I am able to rotate the camera but with a before starting and after completion of each and every revolution.I am rotating the camera by making the camera relative to a model.This is the code i am using on birdseye sprite(3).camera.rotate(vector(0,0,1),member("hous e").model("box_animate")) end i am calling this function in the exit frame method so for each frame this function will be called My camera rotates properly as i want,but with s.can anyone explain or suggest me how to make my camera animate smoothly without s. Note ...

  1. #1

    Default camera s after each complete revolution

    hi
    This is kasi and i want to rotate my camera around a house model.I am able to
    rotate the camera but with a before starting and after completion of each
    and every revolution.I am rotating the camera by making the camera relative to
    a model.This is the code i am using
    on birdseye
    sprite(3).camera.rotate(vector(0,0,1),member("hous e").model("box_animate"))
    end
    i am calling this function in the exit frame method
    so for each frame this function will be called
    My camera rotates properly as i want,but with s.can anyone explain or
    suggest me how to make my camera animate smoothly without s.
    Note my camera s after each complete revolution and at the start of the
    animation .
    Please hep me and correct me if i am wrong
    thanking you all
    kasi

    kasi@i-waves Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: camera s after each complete revolution

    It sounds like a scale issue with the (relative) model. Try resetting the scale
    of the object (EG in max 7, go Heirarchy > Reset > Scale)
    This should reset the meshes scale to be 100% - and should have no effect on
    the visual size of your model.

    Tom

    Tom RR Guest

  3. #3

    Hello,

    Check the Rotating Target Camera behavior in Chrome Lib free 2.0 version:
    [url]http://www.chromelib.com[/url]

    Allows the user to rotate around the selected model.

    Best regards,
    Karl Sigiscar.

    Newt99 Guest

  4. #4

    hi Tom,
    Thanks for your suggestion and i have tried out the option u told me,but still i find the .Can u sugget me any other way to do this
    Thanking you
    kasi
    kasi@i-waves Guest

  5. #5

    Try this little trick :

    on beginSprite(me)
    sprite(3).camera.rotate(0.0,0.0,0.1)
    end

    p.s.
    How many polygons are involved there ?
    necromanthus Guest

  6. #6

    hi necromanthus ,

    I have tried itout,This is not working anyhow thankyou for your suggestion.If
    you have any sample please send me.so that i can check out where i might have
    gone wrong or please suggest me,If u still have anything to correct me

    Thanking you in advance
    kasi

    kasi@i-waves Guest

  7. #7

    OK.
    try in this way:
    1) delete the "birdseye" function (it's a waste of resources to create a
    function containing a single instruction accessed each frame)
    2) create a Script behaviour (a frame script) containing these lines

    global hom,cam

    on beginSprite(me)
    hom = member("house").model("box_animate")
    cam = member("W3D_name").camera(1)
    end

    on exitFrame(me)
    cam.rotate(vector(0.00001, 0.00001, 0.99999), hom)
    end

    try again.
    p.s.
    I hope your model("box_animate") doesn't contain a keyframe animation (may
    have a "buggy" movement)

    necromanthus Guest

  8. #8

    Hi,
    thanks for your suggestion and i was late in replying you because i was out of
    station.Any how comming back to the office i was trying out on the same small
    problem which i couldn't get it .I have followed what all u ahve told me but
    still i ahve a problem
    Please help me out or give me anyother way to make it work.
    Thamking you
    kasi

    kasi@i-waves Guest

  9. #9

    it is impossible to help you without seeing your problem. if the code that was
    posted here did not work for you, then something is wrong with your scene or
    your code.

    just give a link so we can see whats wrong!

    hondo3000 Guest