Professional Web Applications Themes

can anybody test this file? (PC MXa) - Macromedia Freehand

[url]http://www.hot.ee/allvee/Abloy_s2.FH11[/url] is the file i was working on last night. when trying to open it today i┤ve got an ┤could not draw the doc...┤ and ┤could not complete your request bcause an unknown command was encountered┤ messages (even when i uninstalled fonts and removed linked files it still gives an error messages). can anybody test it, what┤s up with it, is it something i should be aware of when working with MXa? i was able to copy the page contents and paste it to new doent and it worked fine. why can┤t MM add a simple ┤make backup copies┤ feature ...

  1. #1

    Default can anybody test this file? (PC MXa)

    [url]http://www.hot.ee/allvee/Abloy_s2.FH11[/url] is the file i was working on last night. when trying to open it today i┤ve got an ┤could not draw the doc...┤ and ┤could not complete your request bcause an unknown command was encountered┤ messages (even when i uninstalled fonts and removed linked files it still gives an error messages). can anybody test it, what┤s up with it, is it something i should be aware of when working with MXa?

    i was able to copy the page contents and paste it to new doent and it worked fine.
    why can┤t MM add a simple ┤make backup copies┤ feature to Freehand preferences? i think MM should completely rewrite Freehand to remove its obsolite features and to bring logic back to program. Pagemaker versus InDesign gives a good example of benefit from that.

    MM dont mess with this old program any more just end it and start anew. Flashy FireHand maybe a better choice than FH 2004.

    Marek
    w2000, FHMXa

    veeall webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: can anybody test this file? (PC MXa)

    YES, I have download your file in my hard disk (PC) and I Duplicated the
    file and change the name and I Opened it.

    "veeall" <webforumsusermacromedia.com> escribiˇ en el mensaje
    > [url]http://www.hot.ee/allvee/Abloy_s2.FH11[/url] is the file i was working on last
    night. when trying to open it today i┤ve got an ┤could not draw the doc...┤
    and ┤could not complete your request bcause an unknown command was
    encountered┤ messages (even when i uninstalled fonts and removed linked
    files it still gives an error messages). can anybody test it, what┤s up with
    it, is it something i should be aware of when working with MXa?

    > i was able to copy the page contents and paste it to new doent and it
    worked fine.
    > why can┤t MM add a simple ┤make backup copies┤ feature to Freehand
    preferences? i think MM should completely rewrite Freehand to remove its
    obsolite features and to bring logic back to program. Pagemaker versus
    InDesign gives a good example of benefit from that.

    > MM dont mess with this old program any more just end it and start anew.
    Flashy FireHand maybe a better choice than FH 2004.

    > Marek
    > w2000, FHMXa

    Joseba Anzola Guest

  3. #3

    does it still give an error messages when opening? its probably was something wrong with clip rectangle i divided to 3 parts using lines and xtra op. divide tool. or maybe not:)

    sorry for complaining!
    thanks for trying! God bless!
    Marek

    veeall webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  4. #4

    "veeall" <webforumsusermacromedia.com> escribi├│ en el mensaje news:bkupao$gnc$1forums.macromedia.com...

    > why can┬┤t MM add a simple ┬┤make backup copies┬┤ feature to Freehand
    > preferences?
    I've sent this particular request to the Freehand wishlist several times a year for the last ten years.

    -Wes

    wrand@mac.com Guest

  5. #5

    now is really time to implement it because of complexity of the program.

    but anyway i consider new InDesign CS as Freehand killer with its sizeable pasteboard, scaleable text and longawaited pathfinder panel with commands like union, intersection etc.

    Marek

    veeall webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  6. #6

    "veeall" [email]webforumsusermacromedia.com[/email] wrote:
    > but anyway i consider new InDesign CS as Freehand killer with its
    > sizeable pasteboard, scaleable text and longawaited pathfinder panel
    > with commands like union, intersection etc.
    So you *really* think that the vector illustration tools in InDesign
    even vaguely equal those of FreeHand? You're out of your mind... if you
    compared Illustrator CS to FH I'd be inclined to at least conceed the
    possibility, but InDesign compared to FH? ID is not even in the
    ballpark, my friend.

    Brian

    Brian Pylant Guest

  7. #7

    Brian, you are right about illustration

    im playing with ID and FH in the same park although, doing simple layouts.
    ID 2 has some drawbacks: inability to change the size of the text by just ctrl+shift draging the text frame, missing options for creating compound paths (union, punch, intersect), small pasteboard area at top and at bottom of the page - these are few new features of ID CS.

    also, talking about ID┤s better text handling and multiple languages support FH loosing its ground on the layouts.

    still i┤d be happy to upgrade if new version of FH is coming out.

    veeall webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest