Professional Web Applications Themes

Can anyone recommend a BBS/Forum system with Thread/Tree support? - ASP

Hi, I am looking for a BBS/Forum system which supports a threaded view of replies (i.e. like a tree view so you now who has replied to who at a glance). It can be a commercial product and must be a system with full administration/security facilities - not a part system which someone has spent a couple of days developing. I can find a few for PHP/MySQL but nothing for ASP and Access (must allow Access as SQL Server not available). The following only support Flat View, ikonboard.com, idealbb.com, webwizguide.com and snitz.com so these are not suitable. akiva.com does not ...

  1. #1

    Default Can anyone recommend a BBS/Forum system with Thread/Tree support?

    Hi,

    I am looking for a BBS/Forum system which supports a threaded view of
    replies (i.e. like a tree view so you now who has replied to who at a
    glance).

    It can be a commercial product and must be a system with full
    administration/security facilities - not a part system which someone has
    spent a couple of days developing. I can find a few for PHP/MySQL but
    nothing for ASP and Access (must allow Access as SQL Server not available).

    The following only support Flat View, ikonboard.com, idealbb.com,
    webwizguide.com and snitz.com so these are not suitable. akiva.com does not
    have the usual BBS interface and it too expensive.

    aspplayground.net looks like a possible as you can change to a Tree Style
    but the requirements say SQL Server / Stored Procedures unfortunately so it
    will not run with Access. I have also tried out the web demo and logged on
    as admin but I can't find the link to view the Admin Control Panel at all -
    must be so obvious I can't see it for looking.

    Any other ideas - is there an ASP product which will meet my needs?

    TIA.

    Paul.

    Paul Guest

  2. #2

    [url]www.aspin.com[/url]

    Owner/Lead Designer, DF-Software
    [url]http://www.Darkfalz.com[/url]

    "Paul" <restotalise.co.uk> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am looking for a BBS/Forum system which supports a threaded view of
    > replies (i.e. like a tree view so you now who has replied to who at a
    > glance).
    >
    > It can be a commercial product and must be a system with full
    > administration/security facilities - not a part system which someone has
    > spent a couple of days developing. I can find a few for PHP/MySQL but
    > nothing for ASP and Access (must allow Access as SQL Server not
    available).

    > The following only support Flat View, ikonboard.com, idealbb.com,
    > webwizguide.com and snitz.com so these are not suitable. akiva.com does
    not
    > have the usual BBS interface and it too expensive.
    >
    > aspplayground.net looks like a possible as you can change to a Tree Style
    > but the requirements say SQL Server / Stored Procedures unfortunately so
    it
    > will not run with Access. I have also tried out the web demo and logged
    on
    > as admin but I can't find the link to view the Admin Control Panel at
    all -
    > must be so obvious I can't see it for looking.
    >
    > Any other ideas - is there an ASP product which will meet my needs?
    >
    > TIA.
    >
    > Paul.

    Curt_C [MVP] Guest