Professional Web Applications Themes

can connect locally, but not externally - Macromedia Flash Flashcom

I am starting to get very fed up with this, almost on the brink of giving up, which I never do. I have extensively searched the web and every forum I can find but still no solutions. I am trying to get a server set up before I do any development so as to not waste my time with development if I cant even test it. The problem is not only with FMS but also 4 other servers I have tried to use, same thing with each of them. WIth FMS, I launch the service, start the admine console and ...

  1. #1

    Default can connect locally, but not externally

    I am starting to get very fed up with this, almost on the brink of giving up,
    which I never do. I have extensively searched the web and every forum I can
    find but still no solutions.
    I am trying to get a server set up before I do any development so as to not
    waste my time with development if I cant even test it. The problem is not only
    with FMS but also 4 other servers I have tried to use, same thing with each of
    them. WIth FMS, I launch the service, start the admine console and try to log
    in. As long as I put the server in as 127.0.0.1, it will log in perfectly,
    however when I switch to my external IP address it cannot connect to the
    server. I am behind a DSL gateway being a modem and router in one, or else I'd
    disconnect the router and try it, but cannot. I have enabled the port
    forwarding (which works for IIS so i know its correctly done) and disabled
    windows firewall but still nothing. I've run netstat -an and the ports are
    being listened for. I even set the computer up on the DMZ with no results. I am
    running out of patience with this thing and any help would be greatly
    appreciated.

    fisher_john Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: can connect locally, but not externally

    Have u tried opening port 1935?
    briiiiin Guest

  3. #3

    Hmm... if I understand correctly, you are trying to access your FMS via your
    WAN ip from a machine within your LAN.

    I wonder if the router is getting in your way. I've run into a number of
    routers (dLink in particular) that prevent making a reqest to it's own WAN IP
    from within the LAN.

    Can people from outside your LAN connect to your FMS via your WAN IP?

    JayCharles Guest

  4. #4

    Actually I'm trying to connect from outside the LAN.
    That's the problem, like YOU would be unable to connect to FMS on my machine,
    however the ports are open/forwarded/listening, etc.
    Firewalls on my machine are down.
    It SHOULD be wide open for anything to come barging through, however FMS wont
    make the connection for some reason. I also tried as suggested a few threads
    down, where the problem was solved, but no solution posted, to shut down IIS
    and set FMS to port 80 also, still same problem.

    fisher_john Guest

  5. #5

    And just to rule it out as a possibility, as I said I have tried other servers
    as well with the exact same problem, I doubt it is simply that Flash doesn't
    like me. With those servers, and also with FMS I have tried other ports to
    operate on instead of just the default

    fisher_john Guest

  6. #6

    You got an appication interfearing then. Did it work before? then suddenly stopped?
    briiiiin Guest