Professional Web Applications Themes

Can Director handle eastern languages yet? - Macromedia Director Basics

Hi! I am using Director 8.5 & make "Movies" with a lot of languages involved. For example Polish, Russian and other east-languages are involved. My experience is that Director canīt handle this languages. When pasting the text some special characters disapear. Is this problem solved yet in some of the newer versions of Director? I think itīs basic that Director should handle all languages, at least it should be a pug-in for it. Or do I have to continue with converting all text in to bitmaps. (itīs not fun) Many other applications such, the Microsoft Office and the Adobe collection ...

  1. #1

    Default Can Director handle eastern languages yet?

    Hi!
    I am using Director 8.5 & make "Movies" with a lot of languages involved. For example Polish, Russian and other east-languages are involved. My experience is that Director canīt handle this languages. When pasting the text some special characters disapear. Is this problem solved yet in some of the newer versions of Director? I think itīs basic that Director should handle all languages, at least it should be a pug-in for it. Or do I have to continue with converting all text in to bitmaps. (itīs not fun)

    Many other applications such, the Microsoft Office and the Adobe collection can handle this without problems. This really concerns me cause I work with a lot of big companies that really requires this and I think itīs basic. Maybe UNICODE is one way, I donīt know.

    From a solicitous
    Thomas

    thomasonit webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Can Director handle eastern languages yet?

    Unfortunately there's still no unicode support for director :(

    you could join the long, long list of people who have added unicode
    support to the wish list at macromedia's site.

    from what i've read before you could put your text parts in flash
    movies, which do support unicode, then import the flash into director

    i've also seen people suggesting cyrillic fonts which work with
    western keyboards, but that sounds like an awful lot of messing about.

    this has definately been discussed before though, so check the google
    archives (which go back way her than the archive in the news
    reader on my machine) for either unicode support or cyrillic and you
    should come up with something.

    hth,

    richie

    On Thu, 20 Nov 2003 12:52:18 +0000 (UTC), "thomasonit"
    [email]webforumsusermacromedia.com[/email] wrote:
    >Hi!
    >I am using Director 8.5 & make "Movies" with a lot of languages involved. For example Polish, Russian and other east-languages are involved. My experience is that Director canīt handle this languages. When pasting the text some special characters disapear. Is this problem solved yet in some of the newer versions of Director? I think itīs basic that Director should handle all languages, at least it should be a pug-in for it. Or do I have to continue with converting all text in to bitmaps. (itīs not fun)
    >
    >Many other applications such, the Microsoft Office and the Adobe collection can handle this without problems. This really concerns me cause I work with a lot of big companies that really requires this and I think itīs basic. Maybe UNICODE is one way, I donīt know.
    >
    >From a solicitous
    >Thomas

    Richie Bisset Guest

  3. #3

    Thank you for your help!
    I think I join the wish list at macromedia's site.