Professional Web Applications Themes

Can Director MX make projectors on both platforms? - Macromedia Director Basics

Hi all, I've been reading about the new Director MX and just downloaded the trial for Mac OSX. My question, can you create a PC projector on a Mac version of Director (or vice-versa) or not (I knew it wasn't possible in previous versions, but what about this one)? People around me keep telling me it can be done, but I can't find it in the MX...somebody knows how things work in this new version?? Thanks a lot, Jonasis (lot of Flash'er and Director newbie)...

  1. #1

    Default Can Director MX make projectors on both platforms?

    Hi all,

    I've been reading about the new Director MX and just downloaded the trial
    for Mac OSX.
    My question, can you create a PC projector on a Mac version of Director (or
    vice-versa) or not (I knew it wasn't possible in previous versions, but what
    about this one)?

    People around me keep telling me it can be done, but I can't find it in the
    MX...somebody knows how things work in this new version??

    Thanks a lot,

    Jonasis (lot of Flash'er and Director newbie)

    [ t h e b l a c k b o x . o r g ] Guest

  2. #2

    Not DirMX. You can do this in Dir MX 2004 -- the next version, due out in a
    month or two. You can make a PC projector using the Mac version. Using the
    PC version, you can make an OSX projector (but not OS9).

    "[ t h e b l a c k b o x . o r g ]" <jonasistheblackbox.org> wrote in
    message news:BC331649.2A9%jonasistheblackbox.org...
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I've been reading about the new Director MX and just downloaded the trial
    > for Mac OSX.
    > My question, can you create a PC projector on a Mac version of Director
    (or
    > vice-versa) or not (I knew it wasn't possible in previous versions, but
    what
    > about this one)?
    >
    > People around me keep telling me it can be done, but I can't find it in
    the
    > MX...somebody knows how things work in this new version??
    >
    > Thanks a lot,
    >
    > Jonasis (lot of Flash'er and Director newbie)

    JPrice Guest

  3. #3

    Oh, thanks!
    That clears out a lot, I was confused about the 2 different versions,
    thought the MX and the MX 2004 were the same...that's why it's not working
    ;-).

    Thanks again,

    Jonasis

  4. #4

    Oh, and another thing,

    Do you know if, when I build my project for Mac now in DirMX and later on
    buy the MX 2004 upgrade when it is available and open the project in that
    version, I can still create that PC projector on my Mac version?

    And you happen to know when exactly the MX 2004 will be available?

    Thanks!

    Jonasis

    On 1/20/04 5:41 PM, in article BC3318B2.2AE%jonasistheblackbox.org, "[ t h

  5. #5

    February or early March will MX2004 be shipping.

    I guess yes, you will be able to use your current DirMX Files and load them
    into MX2004 so you can publish it however you need it. Actually, DIRMX2004
    will be able to import and even save as Director 8.5 version.

    Arturo

    mensaje news:BC331C14.2B6%jonasistheblackbox.org...

    Arturo Toledo Guest