Professional Web Applications Themes

Can I Import and Edit Camtasia-Made SWF Files? - Macromedia Flash

May I ask a few questions about opening or importing an SWF file that I originally created with Camtasia? I created a short movie with Camtasia, which I then converted to Flash format. I tried to open the file into a new, blank Flash slide show presentation. When I did this, the Camtasia movie opened up and played in a second tab, but I could not determine if the movie imported into the project, and if it is in the timeline. I now want to add other slides, and if possible, edit the imported SWF Camtasia movie. Now, my questions: ...

  1. #1

    Default Can I Import and Edit Camtasia-Made SWF Files?

    May I ask a few questions about opening or importing an SWF file that
    I originally created with Camtasia?

    I created a short movie with Camtasia, which I then converted to Flash
    format.

    I tried to open the file into a new, blank Flash slide show
    presentation. When I did this, the Camtasia movie opened up and
    played in a second tab, but I could not determine if the movie
    imported into the project, and if it is in the timeline. I now want
    to add other slides, and if possible, edit the imported SWF Camtasia
    movie.

    Now, my questions:

    1. Is this possible? Can I edit and modify an SWF movie originally
    made with Camtasia?
    2. If it is possible, what is the easiest and most practical way of
    getting it imported into the project? Do I just use File/Open and
    select the Flash movie? Do I need to create a special layer for it?
    Do I need to create a blank keyframe for it?
    3. If the movie can be imported and edited in Flash, how do I know
    where it ends in the timeline, so I can add more blank keyframes and
    import bitmap images?

    Thank you for any input you care to provide.

    To reply privately,
    please remove the number 5 from the e-mail address.
    Thank you very much! Jack Danniel

    Jack Danniel Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Can I Import and Edit Camtasia-Made SWF Files?

    Okay, I figured out how to do this--I was opening instead of
    importing. I imported the SWF file into the stage and got about 92
    keyframes.

    Now I have another question, which is probably so simple, the answer
    is staring me in the face, but...anyway:

    I want to import a bitmap image BEFORE the first keyframe of the
    movie, and have it last about 100 frames. I'll be darned if I can
    figure out how to do this. I also want to import an image into the
    MIDDLE of the imported movie and make IT last 100 or so frames.

    I'm sure this is a piece of cake but I'm sitting here stumped. :-)

    Thanks again.