Menu-->Save As Template. Select the regions needed and make them editable regions. rename the existing .html page (and say NO to updating links), to keep it for backup for now. Now spawn a child page from the template. File-->New-->From Template-->That site-->That template Save with exact-oldfilename.html same exact page, with dw editable regions to limit client to certain areas of editing with contribute. [allowsmilie] => 1 [showsignature] => 0 [ipaddress] => [iconid] => 0 [visible] => 1 [attach] => 0 [infraction] => 0 [reportthreadid] => 0 [isusenetpost] => 1 [msgid] => [ref] => [htmlstate] => on_nl2br [postusername] => Alan [ip] => dont_mail_me_pe [isdeleted] => 0 [usergroupid] => [membergroupids] => [displaygroupid] => [password] => [passworddate] => [email] => [styleid] => [parentemail] => [homepage] => [icq] => [aim] => [yahoo] => [msn] => [skype] => [showvbcode] => [showbirthday] => [usertitle] => [customtitle] => [joindate] => [daysprune] => [lastvisit] => [lastactivity] => [lastpost] => [lastpostid] => [posts] => [reputation] => [reputationlevelid] => [timezoneoffset] => [pmpopup] => [avatarid] => [avatarrevision] => [profilepicrevision] => [sigpicrevision] => [options] => [akvbghsfs_optionsfield] => [birthday] => [birthday_search] => [maxposts] => [startofweek] => [referrerid] => [languageid] => [emailstamp] => [threadedmode] => [autosubscribe] => [pmtotal] => [pmunread] => [salt] => [ipoints] => [infractions] => [warnings] => [infractiongroupids] => [infractiongroupid] => [adminoptions] => [profilevisits] => [friendcount] => [friendreqcount] => [vmunreadcount] => [vmmoderatedcount] => [socgroupinvitecount] => [socgroupreqcount] => [pcunreadcount] => [pcmoderatedcount] => [gmmoderatedcount] => [assetposthash] => [fbuserid] => [fbjoindate] => [fbname] => [logintype] => [fbaccesstoken] => [newrepcount] => [vbseo_likes_in] => [vbseo_likes_out] => [vbseo_likes_unread] => [temp] => [field1] => [field2] => [field3] => [field4] => [field5] => [subfolders] => [pmfolders] => [buddylist] => [ignorelist] => [signature] => [searchprefs] => [rank] => [icontitle] => [iconpath] => [avatarpath] => [hascustomavatar] => 0 [avatardateline] => [avwidth] => [avheight] => [edit_userid] => [edit_username] => [edit_dateline] => [edit_reason] => [hashistory] => [pagetext_html] => [hasimages] => [signatureparsed] => [sighasimages] => [sigpic] => [sigpicdateline] => [sigpicwidth] => [sigpicheight] => [postcount] => 2 [islastshown] => [isfirstshown] => [attachments] => [allattachments] => ) --> Can I lock regions of NON TEMPLATE site pages?? - Macromedia Contribute General Discussion

Can I lock regions of NON TEMPLATE site pages?? - Macromedia Contribute General Discussion

Hi there, I have an existing site that was completely custom designed, and was NOT created using templates, and I need to now provide access for my client, using Contribute, to edit parts of certain pages. Is there any way to lock parts or cells of these existing pages so that the client can't edit certain regions??? I hope there is a way to sort of "Contribute enable" a non-template site. Thanks for any help you can give.....

Default Can I lock regions of NON TEMPLATE site pages??

Hi there,
    I have an existing site that was completely custom designed, and was NOT
    created using templates, and I need to now provide access for my client, using
    Contribute, to edit parts of certain pages. Is there any way to lock parts or
    cells of these existing pages so that the client can't edit certain regions???

I hope there is a way to sort of "Contribute enable" a non-template site.
    Thanks for any help you can give..

d-litefully Guest

Default Re: Can I lock regions of NON TEMPLATE site pages??

No. But- it's a simple thing to make it a templated page if you are using
    dreamweaver.

open it in Dreamweaver.
    File-->Menu-->Save As Template.
    Select the regions needed and make them editable regions.

rename the existing .html page (and say NO to updating links), to keep it
    for backup for now.
    Now spawn a child page from the template.
    File-->New-->From Template-->That site-->That template
    Save with exact-oldfilename.html

same exact page, with dw editable regions to limit client to certain areas
    of editing with contribute.

Alan Guest

thanks so much for that reply. I'll try that idea..
    d-litefully Guest

> thanks so much for that reply. I'll try that idea..
    about the only downside is you'll have to repeat the process for each page,
    if they are unique. but it's just a few repetitive clicks, and it does keep
    the client out of parts of the page you don't want them to edit.

Also- upload the template .dwt files, so Contribute can see them.
    And always check all files back in when done editing so the client can touch
    them.

Alan Guest