Professional Web Applications Themes

Can I run Airport on dialup and DSL at the same time? - Mac Networking

I've been using a white Airport base station for a dialup internet account, but will be switching to a DSL account next week. I'd like to run both in parallel until I'm sure the DSL system is working to my satisfaction. Then I'll cancel the dialup account. Is this possible, or do I have to keep switching the settings depending on which one I want to use? -- [email]dotlycsympatico.ca[/email]...

  1. #1

    Default Can I run Airport on dialup and DSL at the same time?

    --
    [email]dotlycsympatico.ca[/email]
    dotlyc Guest

  2. #2

    dotlyc <dotlycsympatico.ca> wrote:
    > I've been using a white Airport base station for a dialup internet
    > account, but will be switching to a DSL account next week. I'd like to
    > run both in parallel until I'm sure the DSL system is working to my
    > satisfaction. Then I'll cancel the dialup account.
    > Is this possible, or do I have to keep switching the settings
    > depending on which one I want to use?
    As you were told a month ago, if you are connecting through your base
    station, you will have to switch the settings on the base station each
    time you want to switch Internet connection methods. The alternative
    would be to use either the dialup connection or the DSL connection
    directly from one of your Macs without going through the base station.
    Neill Massello Guest

  3. #3

    In article <1g1hep0.i213xm2cql6oN%neillmasselloearthlink.net >,
    [email]neillmasselloearthlink.net[/email] (Neill Massello) wrote:
    > dotlyc <dotlycsympatico.ca> wrote:
    >
    > > I've been using a white Airport base station for a dialup internet
    > > account, but will be switching to a DSL account next week. I'd like to
    > > run both in parallel until I'm sure the DSL system is working to my
    > > satisfaction. Then I'll cancel the dialup account.
    > > Is this possible, or do I have to keep switching the settings
    > > depending on which one I want to use?
    >
    > As you were told a month ago, if you are connecting through your base
    > station, you will have to switch the settings on the base station each
    > time you want to switch Internet connection methods. The alternative
    > would be to use either the dialup connection or the DSL connection
    > directly from one of your Macs without going through the base station.
    You're right, you did tell me this before and I apologize for
    asking it again. I've had so many things to deal with in upgrading two
    Macs to OSX that it slipped my mind, particularly since I had decided to
    put off moving to DSL until I got everything else done. I appreciate
    your patience with an OSX newbie.