Professional Web Applications Themes

Can I specify two Mail Servers in Mail Server Settings? - Coldfusion Server Administration

I have two Mail Servers and if one go down the other takes over. The do not have the same IP or name in DNS. This works fine exept in ColdFusion Administrator It's only possible to specify one mail server. Is there any way to specify two mail servers?...

  1. #1

    Default Can I specify two Mail Servers in Mail Server Settings?

    I have two Mail Servers and if one go down the other takes over.
    The do not have the same IP or name in DNS.
    This works fine exept in ColdFusion Administrator It's only possible to
    specify one mail server.

    Is there any way to specify two mail servers?

    EINN Guest

  2. #2

    You should be able to set the settings in the cfmail tag.

    Server option cfmail tag

    server
    Optional

    SMTP server address, or (Enterprise edition only) a comma-delimited
    list of server addresses, to use for sending messages. At least one server
    must be specified here or in the ColdFusion MX Administrator. A value here
    overrides the Administrator. A value that includes a port specification
    overrides the port attribute. See the Usage section for details.

    "EINN" <webforumsusermacromedia.com> wrote in message
    >I have two Mail Servers and if one go down the other takes over.
    > The do not have the same IP or name in DNS.
    > This works fine exept in ColdFusion Administrator It's only possible to
    > specify one mail server.
    >
    > Is there any way to specify two mail servers?

    Rick Guest

  3. #3

    Ok, so it is only possible in the Enterprise version.
    But does it send to all servers specifyed?

    What I need is:
    -to be able to specify 2 servers.
    -if the first one succseed to send the seccond is not used.

    EINN Guest

  4. #4

    Note: If you specify multiple mail servers in ColdFusion MX Standard, the
    cfmail tag uses only the first server in the specification. ColdFusion logs
    a warning message to the mail log file and ignores the additional servers.

    For each server, you can optionally specify a username, password, and port.
    These values override the corresponding attributes, if any. The server
    attribute has the following format:

    [user:password]server[:port],[user:password]server[:port],....
    For example, the following line specifies one server, mail.myco.com that
    uses the default port and no user or password, and a second server with a
    user, password, and specific port:

    server=mail.myco.com,mail_admin:adm2qzfmail2.myco .com:24
    When you specify multiple mail servers in ColdFusion Enterprise, ColdFusion
    tries the available servers in the order they are listed until it connects
    to a server. ColdFusion does not try to connect to a server that was
    unavailable in the last 60 seconds.