Professional Web Applications Themes

Can I use Coldfusion component in Java - Coldfusion - Getting Started

Hi, I have developed a Coldfusion component. By now, I try to write a java program, which can use this Coldfusion component. Do you think it is possible? Thanks Michael...

  1. #1

    Default Can I use Coldfusion component in Java

    Hi,

    I have developed a Coldfusion component. By now, I try to write a java program, which can use this Coldfusion component.
    Do you think it is possible?

    Thanks

    Michael
    mihao Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Can I use Coldfusion component in Java

    you can use your java from within the coldfusion component, not so sure you
    can do it the other way around quite so simply. Just keep in mind that the
    cfc itself runs under the coldfusion runtime, so it trying to live outside
    of this environment would be the issue here.

    Where is the java code running? Could you not expose it as a webservice and
    utilise it that way perhaps. In fact, make it available in any way you see
    fit, as long as the end result is that you get to use your java code.

    How much code is it? Would it be easier to rewrite the java in cf?

    "mihao" <webforumsusermacromedia.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have developed a Coldfusion component. By now, I try to write a java
    > program, which can use this Coldfusion component.
    > Do you think it is possible?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Michael

    Andrew Guest

  3. #3

    Actually, the coldfusion component is used to access LDAP, you know the
    <cfldap> is so easy to use. What I want to do is to provide java lauguage
    support for this same function.

    At the moment, I am using Sun One Application Server, and trying to find a way
    to use this coldfusion component as a common EJB. So my first throught is to
    wrap the coldfusion component into a java EJB class.

    Michael

    mihao Guest

  4. #4

    Seriously, if thats all you want to do, it would be far easier to just grad
    some JNDI code off the web and recode this is in Java -must be what, no
    more'n 20 lines of code? You are even likley to find a java based tag which
    acts just like the cf tag does, but with no need for coldfusion.

    Realistically, this would be easier than figuring out how/if you can use CF
    generated java class' withing your java code. Thats assuming you are even
    using a cf runtime within Sun One?

    > Actually, the coldfusion component is used to access LDAP, you know the
    > <cfldap> is so easy to use. What I want to do is to provide java lauguage
    > support for this same function.
    >
    > At the moment, I am using Sun One Application Server, and trying to find a
    > way
    > to use this coldfusion component as a common EJB. So my first throught is
    > wrap the coldfusion component into a java EJB class.
    >
    > Michael

    Earnest Guest