Professional Web Applications Themes

can i use "pass" form data from login script - Macromedia Dreamweaver

I'm trying to use the "pass" field from the built-in login script to filter a recordset on the next page following a successful login. However, while the MM_Username session variable seems to go through just fine, the "pass" form data doesn't seem to register. Is there any way to work around this?...

  1. #1

    Default can i use "pass" form data from login script

    stewboy webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: can i use "pass" form data from login script

    Wow, I gotta tell ya, I used the login server behavior in ASP flavor in Dreamweaver MX. I just set the table for it to compare against and the columns for the username and password to compare against and the page to direct it to if it was successfull and the page to go to if it wasn't . you don't have to "pass" anything and you don't need a recordset.

    HTH

    Capt. Verde

    Always remember, no matter where ya go....there ya are!
    Capt. Verde Guest

  3. #3

    Thanks for the reply, but I don't think I communicated clearly.

    I am also using the built-in login function, which is comprised of two variables, "username" and "pass."

    "Username" automatically creates a session variable (MM_Username) that can be used throughout the user's visit to the site.

    I would like to be able to use that session variable, along with the form variable "pass," to filter a recordset located on the first page after a successful login. However, it appears that during the built-in login process, the "pass" form variable from the login page does not get embedded in the subsequent page. I'm wondering if that's the case, if I'm overlooking something, or if there's a workaround.

    stewboy webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  4. #4

    I guess I'm stumped as to why you even care about persisting the "pass" of the person logged in...as long as you have the "mm_username" variable and your database tables are set up correctly you can always access the "pass" column when ever you want. Have you considered setting a cookie? I guess I don't know and you don't say what it is your trying to accomplish.

  5. #5

    I need both inputs (username and pass) to filter a recordset on the subsequent page. Neither input is unique in itself, but when combined to filter the recordset they determine a unique value that, when set as a session variable, controls how all subsequent information is retrieved. (I'm using a session variable rather than cookie because during the development phase I'll be logging on as multiple (50+) users one after the other, and a session variable seems to be the best way to get a totally clean slate each time.)

    Users don't know their unique value, and there is no plan to inform them of it. I am inheriting the extraordinarily complex database structure of a major corporation and am forced to work within it for better or worse.

    Bottom line: I need both pieces of info from the login page for recordset filtering on the subsequent page. I have figured out how to get "username," and am wondering if there's a way to push "pass" though as well.

    stewboy webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  6. #6

    I found the answer. You can't pass form data when using the built-in login process.

    [url]http://www.macromedia.com/support/ultradev/ts/doents/loginformdata.htm[/url]

    stewboy webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest