Professional Web Applications Themes

Can someone check out my site? - Macromedia Dreamweaver

  Um.. yes? :-) -- Ptty Ayers http://www.WebDevBiz.com Professional Web Business Tools: Web Design Contract, Estimate Worksheet, and more --...

  1. #1

    Default Re: Re:Can someone check out my site?

    Um.. yes? :-)

    --

    P@tty Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re:Can someone check out my site?

    Help me out here, I don't see a url. Am I missing something?

    Michael

    meblake Guest

  3. #3

    I found the link. I tried to upload a JPEG screen dump but it wouldn't let me. I think it looks OK. There is a white box full of letters that I am guessing is work not yet completed?

    I tried it in IE, NN, Mozilla and they all look the same. I get an error message in IE that reads:

    Line: 330
    Char: 5
    Error: syntax error
    Code: 0

    That might be my problem and not yours, I get them a lot. But the page completes loading and looks the same as the other two (NN and Mozilla).

    Michael

    meblake Guest

  4. #4

    it's a problem with the code... I also get the syntax error warning....

    But the page looks fine inb both IE 6 and also Opera...

    Steve
    Cyber Aspect - Publishing...
    www.cyber-aspect.com

    "meblake" <com> wrote in message
    let me. I think it looks OK. There is a white box full of letters that I
    am guessing is work not yet completed?
    message in IE that reads:
    completes loading and looks the same as the other two (NN and Mozilla).

    FX Guest

  5. #5

    "hansdc" <com> wrote in message
    something is "ing" out the cells and there is a thin black line breaking
    up the web page. Can someone visit the test site and let me know if they
    see it? I can't reproduce the problem on my end.

    I don't see that, but I can tell you that your Flash detection script is
    failing. Presumably, it should show alternate content or re-direct to
    another page, but I see the big ugly box saying click to download the
    plugin. Of course, I'm not going to do it. ;-)

    Gary

    Gary Guest

  6. #6

    Line 330 is currently this (unmatched quote):

    + </embed></OBJECT>';

    It should be this:

    + '</embed></OBJECT>';

    Views ok on IE6 SP1.... takes a while to display on 56K.

    Cheers,
    Sam

    "meblake" <com> wrote in message
    let me. I think it looks OK. There is a white box full of letters that I
    am guessing is work not yet completed?
    message in IE that reads:
    completes loading and looks the same as the other two (NN and Mozilla).

    Sam Guest

  7. #7

    I viewed it in NS 4.75, and I suspect what I saw was similar to what your
    client sees. It is kind of a mess. The search box up top doesn't show up;
    since NS 4+ won't show form elements unless there are form tags, I imagine
    that's what is missing there.

    You may also want to check your table cell settings to ensure they are all
    congruent.

    "hansdc" <com> wrote in message
    something is "ing" out the cells and there is a thin black line breaking
    up the web page. Can someone visit the test site and let me know if they
    see it? I can't reproduce the problem on my end.

    BigHead Guest

  8. #8

    Your client might be using Netscape 4.7. A black line appear:
    -Between your search button ("Go") and "Your Credit"
    -Between you flash movie and your main content section
    -Between "Improving Credit" and "Protecting Credit"

    Also, your search box doesn't appear in Netscape 4.7.

    "hansdc" <com> wrote in message
    something is "ing" out the cells and there is a thin black line breaking
    up the web page. Can someone visit the test site and let me know if they
    see it? I can't reproduce the problem on my end.

    robot88888888 Guest

  9. #9

    thanks sam - you rock!

    hansdc Guest

  10. #10

    I see a difference when viewing in Mozilla 1.4 and IE 6.

    Using Mozilla, I see space between the two Flash objects, but not when using
    IE. Also, when using Mozilla, I see additional space between the right edge
    of the Flash animations and the 'Your Credit..Maintaining Credit..Improving
    Credit' nav buttons.

    "hansdc" <com> wrote in message
    something is "ing" out the cells and there is a thin black line breaking
    up the web page. Can someone visit the test site and let me know if they
    see it? I can't reproduce the problem on my end.

    Les Guest