Professional Web Applications Themes

Can someone help me draw this.... - Macromedia Freehand

Hi, i am trying to make a backgorund effect, like the one on this product. The client wants jsut the flat 2d pattern. Althuohg can anyone give me any poitners to doing this type of style.. The product is ... [url]http://www.ikea.com/product_presentation/show.asp?productnumber=30046817&type=ART[/url] and i need to have it as a vector grafic. cheers, any pointers will be usfull!!! Ben...

  1. #1

    Default Can someone help me draw this....

    born2board webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Can someone help me draw this....

    in article bmn03d$6ou$1forums.macromedia.com, born2board at
    [email]webforumsusermacromedia.com[/email] wrote on 10/16/03 4:46 PM:
    > Hi,
    >
    > i am trying to make a backgorund effect, like the one on this product. The
    > client wants jsut the flat 2d pattern. Althuohg can anyone give me any
    > poitners to doing this type of style..
    >
    > The product is ...
    > [url]http://www.ikea.com/product_presentation/show.asp?productnumber=30046817&type=[/url]
    > ART
    >
    > and i need to have it as a vector grafic.
    >
    > cheers, any pointers will be usfull!!!
    > Ben

    Easiest way is to draw thin parallel bars, stroke and fill as desired, then
    repeatedly apply / reapply the fisheye lens from various aspects. I just did
    it and got something pretty similar to your sample in just a few seconds.
    Have fun!

    David Maurand Guest

  3. #3

    born2board wrote:
    > i am trying to make a backgorund effect, like the one on this product.
    > The product is ...
    > [url]http://www.ikea.com/product_presentation/show.asp?productnumber=30046817&type=[/url]
    > ART
    Try this for making swirly stripes:

    1. Draw a wide, low rectangle to make one stripe.
    2. Xtras > Distort > Add Points twice.
    4. With pointer tool, option-drag to marquee-subselect points along length
    of stripe, but excluding corner and end points. In object inspector, click
    on curve points and Automatic.
    5. Clone this stripe and drag downwards a distance about the width of the
    stripe.
    6. Select both stripes and Modify>Blend. Adjust blend steps so you see
    white gaps between the red stripes.
    7. With pointer tool, option-drag from top to bottom to marquee-subselect a
    vertical column of curve points. With scale tool near top or bottom of
    column, pull points closer together or spread apart. You can use skew, drag
    and point-by-point adjustments to create a pleasing swirl pattern.
    8. To create a nesting pattern, Clone this blend. Drag the top stripe below
    the bottom stripe to create another set of stripes. This repeats the blend,
    but in reverse order.

    Hope this helps. Let me know if you need to have instructions clarified.

    Judy Arndt

    Judy Arndt Guest

  4. #4

    Hi people,

    cheers for the quick replys, i will try it when i get bk home.. but its refeshign to get decent quick ansewers on a forum!!! (well, not too sure how decent... i will let u know how i get on!!!)

    Cheers

  5. #5

    hi judy.

    I have tried follwing ur insturcitons, i think i get the general jist. But my swirly patterns, don't look too good! Is there any chance u can send me a e=mail with jpg, or freehand file of yours, just to make sure. This is the correct method of what i want to do. (it is probely casue i am preety new to freehand!!)

    Cheers
    Ben

    my e-mail is .. [email]benteamsoba.co.uk[/email]

    born2board webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  6. #6

    born2board wrote:
    > I have tried follwing ur insturcitons, i think i get the general jist. But my
    > swirly patterns, don't look too good! Is there any chance u can send me a
    > e=mail with jpg, or freehand file of yours, just to make sure. This is the
    > correct method of what i want to do.
    Ben, there is no 'correct' method to do this, just one of many
    possibilities. :-)
    > 7. With pointer tool, option-drag from top to bottom to marquee-subselect a
    > vertical column of curve points. With scale tool near top or bottom of column,
    > pull points closer together or spread apart. You can use skew, drag and
    > point-by-point adjustments to create a pleasing swirl pattern.
    Here's a image that illustrates how this works:

    [url]http://www.JudyArndt.ca/fhmx/stripe_blend.gif[/url]

    Judy Arndt

    Judy Arndt Guest