Professional Web Applications Themes

Can't access bank account? - Mac Applications & Software

For the past few days I have been unable to access my credit union account information through the gtefcu.org website. When I go to the credit union website homepage, I click on the link and then my web browser crashes. My browser (Internet Explorer 5.1) shuts off and gives me an error message ("Internet Explorer has unexpected quit"). I have not encountered this problem with any other websites. I recently upgraded from Macintosh Operating System 9 to version 10.1.5. I also upgraded my browser. Please advise. I really need access. Thank you, Greg...

  1. #1

    Default Can't access bank account?

    For the past few days I have been unable to access my credit union
    account information through the gtefcu.org website. When I go to the
    credit union website homepage, I click on the link and then my web
    browser crashes. My browser (Internet Explorer 5.1) shuts off and
    gives me an error message ("Internet Explorer has unexpected quit").
    I have not encountered this problem with any other websites.

    I recently upgraded from Macintosh Operating System 9 to version
    10.1.5. I also upgraded my browser.

    Please advise. I really need access.

    Thank you,

    Greg
    Gregorso Guest

  3. #3

    Default Re: Can't access bank account?

    You might want to run software update a couple of times to make sure that
    you have all of the latest for 10.1, also you might want to check to make
    sure that you have the latest version of IE (up to version5.2.3 I think).
    You might also want to try getting another browser and see if that works
    (Mozilla would be a good choice, since you can't get Safari).

    Hope this helps,
    Jason

    On 7/22/03 9:18 PM, in article
    [email]b4e00e68.0307221447.3547830fposting.google.com[/email], "Gregorso"

    --
    To respond to me remove the noway and nospam in my address.
    Jason Pickard

    Jason Pickard Guest

  4. #4

    In article <b4e00e68.0307221447.3b0110cfposting.google.com >, Gregorso
    <gplantamonebox.com> wrote:
    > For the past few days I have been unable to access my credit union
    > account information through the gtefcu.org website. When I go to the
    > credit union website homepage, I click on the link and then my web
    > browser crashes. My browser (Internet Explorer 5.1) shuts off and
    > gives me an error message ("Internet Explorer has unexpected quit").
    > I have not encountered this problem with any other websites.
    >
    > I recently upgraded from Macintosh Operating System 9 to version
    > 10.1.5. I also upgraded my browser.
    Try deleting the History.html file maintained by Internet Explorer.
    Itt ought to be in ~/Preferences/Explorer.

    If that doesn't help try deleting com.apple.internetconfig.plist in
    ~/Preferences/.

    Both of these files are written constantly by IE and both may become
    corrupted and cause that sort of behavior. Under Mac OS 9 I actually
    had my startup script delete History.html because it became corrupted
    with fair regularity.

    When replying by e-mail, use plain text ONLY to make sure I read it.
    Due to spam and viruses, I filter all mail with HTML or attachments.
    Jerry Kindall Guest