Professional Web Applications Themes

Can't alter text frames ID 2 - Adobe Indesign Windows

I am laying out a book in ID 2. I have a master spread for the whole doent, plus I have set up other masters (based on Master A) to change the chapter heading in each chapter (this instead of putting each chapter in a separate doent, the chapters are very short). I decided I wanted to increase the upper and lower margins by moving the headers down and footer up. I needed to adjust the text block too, and here's where I ran into trouble. Resizing the text frames on the Master A pages did not affect the text ...

  1. #1

    Default Can't alter text frames ID 2

    I am laying out a book in ID 2. I have a master spread for the whole doent, plus I have set up other masters (based on Master A) to change the chapter heading in each chapter (this instead of putting each chapter in a separate doent, the chapters are very short). I decided I wanted to increase the upper and lower margins by moving the headers down and footer up. I needed to adjust the text block too, and here's where I ran into trouble. Resizing the text frames on the Master A pages did not affect the text on the doent pages. I can see where the text frame has been resized on each page, but the text hasn't moved. It's no longer inside that frame. Shouldn't changing master text frames affect every page in the doent? BTW, Layout Adjustment is enabled in this doent.
    Clark
    Clark Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Can't alter text frames ID 2

    Clark,

    Are you sure you flowed the text in the master frames? It looks like you by accident flowed them on the pages itself, i.e. outside the masterpage frames. This is easy to see: if you have changed the size of the masterframes, you should see the bounds of those frames on the pages with no text in it.

    Another possibility: Masterpage textframes that are resized on a live page will not reset when changing the size of the masterpage textframe. But then you would have to have changed all frames.

    Teus
    Teus_de_Jong@adobeforums.com Guest

  3. #3

    I only have the text frames created on the master pages. I haven't made any other text frames. If I change the text frame on a master page it's like some of the text pages reflect that change, others (the majority) don't.
    Clark Guest

  4. #4

    Have you overriden the master on those pages?

    Ken_Grace@adobeforums.com Guest

  5. #5

    There are some pages where I have overridden some objects on the master spread (page headers and footers). But I get the problem on pages that I am not aware of having overridden anything.
    Clark
    Clark Guest

  6. #6

    Have you checked those pages to find out whether the frames are actually
    live on the page, or are still reading the master? Maybe you unwittingly
    Ctr+Sh+ clicked the frames doing something else and detached them from the
    master.

    Ken_Grace@adobeforums.com Guest