Professional Web Applications Themes

can't click flash player links - Macromedia Flash Player

Hi When i go to websites that got flash player links or options inside the flash i can't click it , when i click it nothing happens , im using internet explorer 7 , tried download flash player again but it didn't work , and i downloaded firefox and i still got the same problem , i cant click on flash in all websites ... please help me regards...

  1. #1

    Default can't click flash player links

    Hi

    When i go to websites that got flash player links or options inside the flash
    i can't click it , when i click it nothing happens , im using internet explorer
    7 , tried download flash player again but it didn't work , and i downloaded
    firefox and i still got the same problem , i cant click on flash in all
    websites ... please help me

    regards

    HBK911 Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: can't click flash player links

    Come on someone please answer me !
    HBK911 Guest

  3. #3

    Can you provide an example URL and more details?
    Darren Guest

  4. #4

    Darren,
    I am having the same problem (click install and nothing happens) Can you please help me?
    juliepbythesea Guest

  5. #5

    [q]Originally posted by: juliepbythesea
    Darren,
    I am having the same problem (click install and nothing happens) Can you
    please help me?[/q]

    Yes, I just sent you a private message, please reply.

    Darren Guest

  6. #6

    hi

    like when i go to website like this : netgame.com or hero.netgame.com
    i cant click the menu in the flash on any website like when i click nothing
    happens ... i can see the animatons of the flash etc , i can install flash
    online too no problem there

    regards

    HBK911 Guest

  7. #7

    Hi, while I may not know the exact solution to the problem, I can tell you what
    is causing it. The new Flash9f.ocx upgrade seems to be the culprit.
    I went on my alternate computer, which hasnt been used in some time, and it
    was running flash9d.ocx. After going through add-ons and "updating active x"
    for flash, it went to flash9f.ocx and the problems started to surface on that
    computer as well

    So, there we go. Flash9f.ocx is the problem. I am now searching for a way to
    downgrade back to flash9d.ocx, until adobe may make an update to fix these
    problems.

    zac1988 Guest

  8. #8

    [q]Originally posted by: HBK911
    hi

    like when i go to website like this : netgame.com or hero.netgame.com
    i cant click the menu in the flash on any website like when i click nothing
    happens ... i can see the animatons of the flash etc , i can install flash
    online no problem there , i just cant left click the menus in the flash player

    regards[/q]

    Hi HBK911,

    I do see the issue with http://www.netgame.com/ when using 9.0.124.0. All
    previous versions of FP work.

    This is most likely related to the security changes made with the latest Flash
    Player version 9.0.124.0.

    http://www.adobe.com/devnet/flashplayer/articles/flash_player9_security_update.h
    tml

    We would need to work with the developers of http://www.netgame.com/ in order
    to help them understand the security restrictions and how to resolve this issue.

    Darren Guest

  9. #9

    Thank you for ur reply Darren

    is there a way to get a working flash player ? an older version maybe ?

    and sorry for bothering you ,

    regards
    HBK911 Guest

  10. #10

    Hi HBK911,

    You can find archived versions of Flash Player from here:

    http://www.adobe.com/go/tn_14266

    As I mentioned earlier, the issue seen here is most likely related to the
    security update for Flash Player 9 (Flash Player 9,0,124,0).

    Developers are advised to review the following Flash Player updates to
    implement necessary changes immediately to help ensure a seamless transition.
    The Flash Player updates are posted here:

    http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/webforums/forum/messageview.cfm?forumid=44&catid=18
    4&threadid=1358685&enterthread=y

    Darren Guest

  11. #11

    Hello

    I see , but i tried the websites on the other computers and it works , flash ver 124 too ,

    and ty for the link

    regards
    HBK911 Guest

  12. #12

    Hello again

    i tried the link you gave me and downloaded flash player 8 , and installed r22
    and it worked . so the problem was in ver 9 (124) . i hope i can find a way to
    use flash player 9 cuz its better i think ...

    well thanks alot and sorry for bothering

    best regards

    HBK911 Guest

  13. #13

    [q]Originally posted by: HBK911
    Hello again

    i tried the link you gave me and downloaded flash player 8 , and installed r22
    and it worked . so the problem was in ver 9 (124) . i hope i can find a way to
    use flash player 9 cuz its better i think ...

    well thanks alot and sorry for bothering

    best regards[/q]

    Yes, that would be expected, since Adobe released this security update for
    Flash Player 9 (Flash Player 9,0,124,0) and not for previous versions.

    This is not a bug, 9.0.124.0 - The developers of this specific site will need
    to implement the required changes to comply with the security update.

    ?Adobe released a security update for Flash Player 9 (Flash Player 9,0,124,0)
    on April 8, 2008, to strengthen the security of Adobe Flash Player for our
    customers and end users, and to provide further mitigations for previously
    disclosed vulnerabilities.

    Customers are advised to review the following Flash Player updates to
    determine if their content will be impacted, and to begin implementing
    necessary changes immediately to help ensure a seamless transition.

    If any of the following situations apply, you should read this article in
    detail:

    ? You use sockets or XMLSockets, regardless of the domain to which you are
    connecting

    ? You use addRequestHeader or URLRequest.requestHeaders in any network API
    call when sending or loading data cross-domain

    or

    You provide access to content on remote domains as a web service provider

    ? You have SWFs that are exported for Flash Player 7 (SWF7) or earlier that
    communicate with the hosting HTML by any means

    ? You use "javascript:" through network APIs to communicate outside a SWF?

    Related Developer Articles:

    Understanding Flash Player 9 April 2008 Security Update compatibility

    http://www.adobe.com/devnet/flashplayer/articles/flash_player9_security_update.h
    tml

    Setting up a socket policy file server
    http://www.adobe.com/devnet/flashplayer/articles/socket_policy_files.html

    Additional Security Related TechNotes:

    Changes in allowScriptAccess default
    http://www.adobe.com/go/kb403183

    Authorization header does not work for an HTTP request
    http://www.adobe.com/go/kb403184

    Arbitrary headers are not sent from Flash Player to a remote domain
    http://www.adobe.com/go/kb403185

    Sockets do not function in Flash Player versions later than 9.0.115.0
    http://www.adobe.com/go/kb403364

    javascript:" URLs no longer function in networking APIs (Flash Player)?
    http://www.adobe.com/go/kb403187

    ActionScript error when an HTTP send action contains certain headers
    http://www.adobe.com/go/kb403030

    Important Note: These online forums are for user-to-user discussions of Adobe
    products, and are not an official customer support channel for Adobe. If you
    require direct assistance, or prefer to contact Adobe support staff directly,
    please contact Adobe support.

    http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/

    Darren Guest

  14. #14