Professional Web Applications Themes

Can't Connecto to Blogger - Macromedia Contribute Connection Administrtion

I just purchased Contribute 4. I have Dreamweaver 8 and am using Windows XP. I have been trying to connect to Blogger for 2 days. I know they were down some yesterday for maintenance. But I can get into my blogs on Blogger without any trouble if I go through Blogger but I get the same error message everytime I try it in Contribute. Contribute could not connect because a server is down or not accepting connections. Please contact your administrator I see in the Connection Wizard that the access point to Blogger is [url]http://www.blogger.com/atom[/url]. I don't think that is ...

  1. #1

    Default Can't Connecto to Blogger

    I just purchased Contribute 4. I have Dreamweaver 8 and am using Windows XP.
    I have been trying to connect to Blogger for 2 days. I know they were down
    some yesterday for maintenance. But I can get into my blogs on Blogger without
    any trouble if I go through Blogger but I get the same error message everytime
    I try it in Contribute.

    Contribute could not connect because a server is down or not accepting
    connections. Please contact your administrator

    I see in the Connection Wizard that the access point to Blogger is
    [url]http://www.blogger.com/atom[/url]. I don't think that is correct anymore because if
    you go to the Blogger Dashboard and try that path you get and error. I tried
    choosing "other blog servers" and entered the access point as /home and /start
    instead of /atom but I get the same message everytime.

    Please help...

    kartz Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Can't Connect to Blogger

    It's the same thing as in Office 2007/Ms word blogger. The connections do not work. I suspect it has something to do with Google takeover. ke garne?
    bluestupa Guest

  3. #3

    Exactly... Its because of the change in the protocol... None of the blog
    editors now work because of the change of the protocol and they moving to
    blogger beta and now live...

    You can be stay tuned for our sooner release that fixes this issue...

    Arun
    -Contribute Team

    amadas Guest

  4. #4

    Arun

    On 2/15 you said: "you can stay tuned for our sooner release that fixes this issue..."

    Is there a fix yet? This is quite a big problem.
    Micaiahsr Guest

  5. #5

    Arun,

    It's March 19th, more than a month since your last message about this error connecting to Google Blogger. Do you have an update for us?

    Phil

    :shocked;
    TrainedRacoon Guest

  6. #6

    Yes, this is a big problem and Adobe just lost a sale because of it.

    This new blogger beta has been out how long and you guys have done NOTHING to fix it?

    Good riddance, Contribute.
    misterorange Guest

  7. #7

    I have a trial version of Adobe Contribute 4 and am having the same problem. I
    am also new to Blogger.com and signed up through Google, so have to access my
    two new blogs the new way. Is this at least fixed in the new Contribute CS
    version? Running on the Mac

    Don
    running 10.4.9 & Win XP<br>http://donricklin.blogspot.com/</font>

    DonRicklin Guest

  8. #8

    Would like to know the same, as well as why anyone would want to use Contribute
    to edit a blog? I have one that I just edit on the blog itself...so...what
    does Contribute provide? A quick way to create new template based topics?
    Curious.

    redbarron Guest

  9. #9

    ACtually I am looking at Contribute for other purposes, but it would be nice to use it for the Blog as well, if it brought something else to editing the Blog and I had access.

    Don
    DonRicklin Guest

  10. #10

    Next week it will be three months since your last reply. Will you fix this Blogger problem soon?
    TrainedRacoon Guest

  11. #11

    Geez, I've never seen such a dead forum. Especially from the Adobe side!

    DonRicklin Guest

  12. #12

    just downloaded cs3 trial version and it worked for me - connecting to my Blogger blog with my google acct, without a problem --running on my macbook pro.
    stockholmsyndrome Guest

  13. #13

    [q]Originally posted by: stockholmsyndrome
    just downloaded cs3 trial version and it worked for me - connecting to my
    Blogger blog with my google acct, without a problem --running on my macbook
    pro.[/q]

    I still can not get this to work. What settings did you use? I too have a
    Blogger blog though a Google Acct. I can logon the actual blog in my browser,
    but Contribute says wrong login info for Adam. Very frustrating.

    Don

    DonRicklin Guest

  14. #14

    Never mind. I got it!

    DonRicklin Guest

  15. #15

    Please share with us the configuration required to connect to blogger.
    TrainedRacoon Guest

  16. #16

    You need Contribute CS3 and persistence at filling in your details.

    :)

    DonRicklin Guest

  17. #17

    The same error is now happeing with Typepad
    Alan Hess Guest