Professional Web Applications Themes

Can't Copy and paste text - Macromedia Contribute General Discussion

I am using Contribute4 with Word2000. The page I and editing in Contribute has been created with a Dreamweaver Template. I have made an editable region and I am wanting to add text to that specific region. I can't even copy and paste. I get the Warning- You cannot perform this action in this region of the page. Well it is not a section of the template it is a editable region name Page Contents - very obvious blue border. What is making me unable to paste? Kitty...

  1. #1

    Default Can't Copy and paste text

    I am using Contribute4 with Word2000. The page I and editing in Contribute
    has been created with a Dreamweaver Template. I have made an editable region
    and I am wanting to add text to that specific region. I can't even copy and
    paste.

    I get the Warning-

    You cannot perform this action in this region of the page.

    Well it is not a section of the template it is a editable region name Page
    Contents - very obvious blue border.

    What is making me unable to paste?

    Kitty

    Kitty Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Can't Copy and paste text

    I did some testing - it seems in Contribute, I can create a blank page and
    copy and paste as well as insert the text from the doent no problem - the
    template seems to be the culprit. What have I done wrong?
    I do have another editable region for the image and even an optional region
    to show or hide the image in the main "Page Contents" editable region.

    Page in question: [url]http://www.woodruffcommunitycenter.org/testpage.asp[/url]

    "Kitty" <awakekataol.com> wrote in message
    >I am using Contribute4 with Word2000. The page I and editing in Contribute
    >has been created with a Dreamweaver Template. I have made an editable
    >region and I am wanting to add text to that specific region. I can't even
    >copy and paste.
    >
    > I get the Warning-
    >
    > You cannot perform this action in this region of the page.
    >
    > Well it is not a section of the template it is a editable region name Page
    > Contents - very obvious blue border.
    >
    > What is making me unable to paste?
    >
    > Kitty

    Kitty Guest

  3. #3

    Well I have done more testing. It seems that I made it so complicated that
    Contribute didn't know how to handle all the editable regions I put in
    there. And rejected everything else coming in.

    I went back and deleted all the interior editable regions and made it just
    one region (not happy about that) but if it allows my client to be able to
    import Word text then I guess that is the compromise.

    Also all the styles get whacked out by pulling in the word text styles -
    they seem to override your style sheets. The best thing to do is to Copy the
    text in Word and "Paste Text Only" from the edit menu to salvage some of
    your CSS.

    It does still override it but I just went back and selected all the text and
    reassigned the style by the style dropdown that is located to the left of
    the font name and font size.

    >I did some testing - it seems in Contribute, I can create a blank page and
    >copy and paste as well as insert the text from the doent no problem -
    >the template seems to be the culprit. What have I done wrong?
    > I do have another editable region for the image and even an optional
    > region to show or hide the image in the main "Page Contents" editable
    > region.
    >
    > Page in question: [url]http://www.woodruffcommunitycenter.org/testpage.asp[/url]
    >
    > "Kitty" <awakekataol.com> wrote in message
    >>I am using Contribute4 with Word2000. The page I and editing in Contribute
    >>has been created with a Dreamweaver Template. I have made an editable
    >>region and I am wanting to add text to that specific region. I can't even
    >>copy and paste.
    >>
    >> I get the Warning-
    >>
    >> You cannot perform this action in this region of the page.
    >>
    >> Well it is not a section of the template it is a editable region name
    >> Page Contents - very obvious blue border.
    >>
    >> What is making me unable to paste?
    >>
    >> Kitty

    Kitty Guest