Professional Web Applications Themes

Can't delete Flash9.ocx - Adobe Flash, Flex & Director

Paul The URL that I use when flash causes an error is: [url]http://secure.kshs.lincs.sch.uk/C14/Mahjongg/default.aspx[/url] BUT you WILL NOT be able to access it as it obviously is a private web resource. I will be happy to use it and report back to you though. I also receive this error message: Internet Explorer has encountered a problem with an add on and needs to close, the following add on was running when this problem occured - File : Flash9.0cx I reported this problem to Adobe way back in July and got no response. Also I tried Microsoft and many other tech forums ...

  1. #21

    Default Re: Can't delete Flash9.ocx

    Paul

    The URL that I use when flash causes an error is:
    [url]http://secure.kshs.lincs.sch.uk/C14/Mahjongg/default.aspx[/url]

    BUT you WILL NOT be able to access it as it obviously is a private web
    resource. I will be happy to use it and report back to you though.

    I also receive this error message: Internet Explorer has encountered a problem
    with an add on and needs to close, the following add on was running when this
    problem occured - File : Flash9.0cx

    I reported this problem to Adobe way back in July and got no response. Also I
    tried Microsoft and many other tech forums but nobody seems to know what is
    wrong. I do hope Adobe come up with a fix soon!!!

    Thanks, Kim

    P.S. Sarah22Manchester I did not manage to solve it and I too have been
    hunting high and low for help but alas, to no avail.

    Kempyness Guest

  2. #22

    oh. my. god. you are not going to believe this. after posting the above
    message, i went to the URL. and its working fine =\ how is this? has there been
    some miraculous fix that i haven't been told about?!?!

    Kempyness Guest

  3. #23

    i officially HATE flash. ignore the last post. it just crashed. damn it. =[
    Kempyness Guest

  4. #24

    I been having the same problem with a new 2 week old winxp home system
    Internet explorer had encountered an error Flash9.ocx
    in [url]www.youtube.com[/url] and some other manufacture sites.

    My solution - used the adobe uninstaller.
    Then loaded flash8 from developers achive - note this had the same error.
    Uninstalled agin but this time downloaded Flash7 and installed it.

    Working now... I'll wait and see when Adobe or MS have a soution.
    Not sure if this is MS update is to blame.

    jdibblee Guest

  5. #25

    Until I installed Flash 9 I've had no browser issues that I could attribute to
    the earlier version (8) of the flash player I used. However since initial
    install in mid-August, that's no longer the case.

    The first indication was a persistent message window re: "flash9.ocx' file"
    while online gaming at the Pogo (EA) game site. The url is [url]www.pogo.com;[/url] but I
    have a member signon so I'm not sure the error scenario can be reproduced
    explicitly. It did not crash IE and I could just click "OK" and the game would
    continue. Sometimes message would show up after I logged off. I was able to
    browse other websites without encountering any flash errors and/or browser
    crashes. Approximate error message: "Internet Explorer has encountered a
    problem. File : Flash9.ocx"

    I created a win/checkpoint prior to installing the Flash 9 player, so I went
    back and restored. No relief just stranger stuff -- the win/restore obviously
    does not back off the player.

    I no longer get the weird messages on Pogo but other sites that exhibit the
    following scenario:

    Flash content won't display;
    Website displays Macromedia button & instructions to update to latest version;
    Clickable link to Macromedia
    ([url]http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/download/download.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveF[/url]
    lash).

    (Specific url prompting download:
    [url]http://www.zillow.com/search/Search.htm?citystatezip=85025&mode=browse[/url])

    I did bite the bullet and re-install the player (after another checkpoint) but
    the above error at Zillow persists; regardless of win/restore. I still see the
    same information on the player version, file locations, file names, and file
    versions.

    The Adobe browser test for the Flash player version I'm using shows: 9.0.16.0.
    The flash.ocx files (v 6.0.79.0) are in both folder locations
    (Windows\ServicePackFiles\i386 and Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash).
    The flash9.ocx file (9.0.16.0) is in the right location too.
    My OS is winxp/home(sp2); browser is IE 6.0; maintenance is current-to-date.

    I'll proceed with your advice regarding the uninstall but I hope a
    Macromedia-supplied solution arrives soon -- even after clearing cache, temp,
    etc. there appears to be some sort of version conflict going and it effects
    browser performance.

    javacat54 Guest

  6. #26

    Forget my last solution - I'm like Kempyness - it has come back (frustrating)

    Just tried a windows reinstall and then downloaded flash9 - still get the
    error message.

    I see in another thread that someone has a registry update that appears to fix
    this using [url]www.donglefree.com[/url]
    :disgust;

    jdibblee Guest

  7. #27

    I have [url]http://uk./[/url] set as my home page, today they have a flash
    advert on it for a company called First Choice...it's a pity I cant excercise
    MY First Choice of homepage as it crashes due to the flash content. I've had to
    change my homepage!!!

    Internet Explorer has encountered a problem with an add on and needs to close,
    the following add on was running when this problem occured - File : Flash9.0cx

    Sarah22Manchester Guest

  8. #28

    Hi,

    We're still investigating these issues, particularly the ones with Zillow.com
    and uk., but I personnaly haven't seen the issues after a bit of
    testing. The issues can be intermittent and tricky to reproduce, though. Here's
    my suggestion - continue to send in this type of info as its very helpful.
    Shortly (I can't provide the exact timing just yet) we'll have an updated
    version for you all to test. This will allow you to confirm that we've fixed
    the issues you're seeing. If we haven't, I'll do my best to resolve it before
    we deliver an updated version.

    Again, thank you all for your patience and assistance!

    --- Paul

    Paul Betlem - Macr Guest

  9. #29

    Hello Paul-

    I have populations of users experiencing a problem with Internet Explorer 6
    with Flash Player v. 9.0.16.0 and our elearning content. Internet Explorer
    stops with the error "Internet Explorer has encountered a problem with an
    add-on, and needs to close.
    The following add-on was running when this problem occured:
    File: Flash9.ocx
    Company Name: Adobe Systems Incorporated

    I have a link to a testing server for our content that I can give your
    engineers privately.

    This error is highly reproducable from my site, and is being experienced by
    thousands of our customers worldwide. It also appears that you are having
    difficulty seeing it on sites provided by forum participants, probably because
    the sample sites are changing flash content continually - ours is static.

    Thanks for responding to this forum.

    gary@littleplanet Guest

  10. #30

    Gary,

    I'm happy to help out.

    Feel free to send me the URL and login information at [email]pbetlemadobe.com[/email] and
    I'll make sure the problem is resolved quickly. There is a known crash issue
    related to accessing text fields using the "var" property (variable associated
    with the text field) in Flash Authoring. To avoid the crash, the solution is
    the use of the ActionScript ".text" property to manipulate the text field
    values.

    For example,

    textFieldName.text = "this sets a text field value";
    textFieldName.text = ""; // clear out text field

    will work fine.

    Not sure if this is the problem you're seeing, but its the most likely issue
    to explore. If your issue is different, we'll help isolate it and provide a
    solution.

    --- Paul

    Paul Betlem - Macr Guest

  11. #31

    I was forced to install the new flash on my dell2400. I already had the
    flashplayer 9 error on my 2350. Now i go to sbsun.com and no crickler ...again.
    Please i need an easy fix. As you may notice i am calgal46 & forgot that.

    calgal46 Guest

  12. #32

    Thought i'd be a smarty pants and download the new Internet Explorer browser
    (version 7) and a little part of me hoped against hope that all problems would
    be solved

    Within 20 seconds of rebooting and launching it I got the following (i've
    uploaded the screenshot)...

    [url]http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/8014/flashcrashvf1.jpg[/url]

    I feel like screaming!!!

    Sarah22Manchester Guest

  13. #33

    I was on myspace.com trying to access a friend's website and received the same
    error msg as the above users did. I built my own system, am running Windows XP
    Pro SP2, using Internet Explorer Version:
    6.0.2900.218.xpsp_sp2_gdr.050301-1519, and have just recenty installed Windows
    on this systems. I have the latest version of Flash Player, which is 9.0. I'm
    not going to waste any/all my time trying to resolve an issue that is Adobe's
    problem. I'm not getting paid to fix this issue, therefore why should I have to
    continue to put up with it? It s that Adobe is providing it since it really
    s. As previous posts say, Adobe needs to again address the issue and find a
    resolution and once a resolution is found, needs to be provided to the users.
    The issue has been addressed, but why no updates or fixes with this many people
    having the same problem? It just doesn't make any sense. All the fixes listed
    above take entirely too much of my time and some of them don't even work.

    poop shoot Guest

  14. #34

    Don't know if this will help any of you guys but...
    I've been having the same problem with flash9.ocx as most of you - "IE has
    encountered...etc". Have XP Pro SP2 with all patches, latest IE6 (with all
    patches), Spybot, Spyware Doctor, Norton AV, everything up to date, yadayada.
    Mine occured on MSN Games, Texas Hold-em (played havoc with my ratings, I'll
    tell you). Read lots of forums, tried several "fixes", kept having problem.
    Last week one of the other players suggested I close ALL but the game window
    and sure enough, I haven't had a crash since. Played a bunch of times and no
    crashes!!! reactivated Spyware Dr., XP's firewall, the AV - no crashes! Don't
    know why. It may not be more than a workaround until Paul & Co. get it figured
    out, but what the hell? Hope this helps at least some of you.

    Boltguy1 Guest

  15. #35

    Any news on a possible resolution Mr Betlem?
    Sarah22Manchester Guest

  16. #36

    Hi -

    I'd be happy to provide an update. I believe many (if not all) issues as
    reported here have been addressed. Policy prevents me from communicating
    specific dates, but a Public Beta version will be available soon. (Hint: Soon
    implies early October.)

    The primary reason I can't be more specific on having fixed every issue is
    that not all of the content is publicly accessible (some of the games require a
    special account) or the content changes (such as on uk.yahooo.com) so the
    problem disappears. This is why I'm hoping to get everyone's help in verifying
    that the issue you're seeing is fixed.

    I'll notify this group once the Beta release is live on labs.adobe.com. You
    can then download an update and confirm that you're set.

    Let me know if you have any specific questions and I'll do my best to respond.

    --- Paul

    Paul Betlem - Macr Guest

  17. #37

    Paul-

    I for one really appreciate the time and effort you have put into this
    problem. The updates from you have been a big relief and actually quite
    unexpected.

    Once again, thanks for your time and consideration to our problem.

    Thanks,
    "Putting Down The Bat"

    kacustom Guest

  18. #38

    Thanks. Its always beneficial for the engineering team to get first-hand
    insight to the problems that the Flash community encounters when they use our
    technology. With 5 million new installs *every* day, its quite a task to make
    everyone happy, but we'll do our best. Actually, you all deserve the credit as
    you're taking time to isolate problems that we missed.

    In any case, thanks for putting down the bat - I'm not particularly attractive
    to begin with, but I'm confident that this can't help. :-)

    --- Paul

    Paul Betlem - Macr Guest

  19. #39

    Had the same problem believe it or not it simple to delete (drag & drop) to the recycke bin!
    funene Guest

  20. #40

    Had the same problem believe it or not it was simple to delete (drag & drop) to the recycke bin!
    funene Guest

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast