So, er is there a fix then? Folk seem to have stopped posting, is that due to
frustration. I have been using channel 4 on demand to watch TV via broadband. I
cannot get the program to load anymore. Here is a reply from channel 4 relating
to the Flash9.ocx issue:
Thank you for your email regarding 4oD.
This is an issue with Adobe for the following reasons;
1. This issue has been around since Flash 7, 4oD has not.
2. the issue surrounds over writing previous versions of the flash 9.ocx file
3. This file cannot be registered because the previous file has read only
4. Adobes forums are full of people with this issue, most of which are from
the online gaming community and not customers of 4oD.
5. The reason why you are having problems now is because our site requires a
flash upgrade rather than using the flash version that you already have
Please feel free to forward this response to Adobe complete with the following
large number of posters on the above link!!
some users found that registering the plug in manually worked for them.
1: download [url]http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/fla[/url]
2: Click Start>Run and enter c:\windows\system32\macromed\flash\Unins
3: Run the file you just downloaded
4: Go to Start>Run and type in regsvr32
If you require further information, feel free to email me back or visit
Channel 4 Customer Support
As you can see, she recommeds trying some of the fixes posted on this site but
none of them have worked for me. What will happen next?