Professional Web Applications Themes

Can't download player at all - Macromedia Flash Player

I have been attempting to view a website that is mainly video based and when I click on a video within the website it tells me I need to update to the newer FlashPlayer and gives me a link. When I click on the link I come to the Macromedia website and attempt a download. It will then take me to a page that says something to the extend if you get this message click on the yellow bar at the top to install Active X controls etc. I never get the yellow bar it illustrates in the screen shot ...

  1. #1

    Default Can't download player at all

    I have been attempting to view a website that is mainly video based and when I
    click on a video within the website it tells me I need to update to the newer
    FlashPlayer and gives me a link. When I click on the link I come to the
    Macromedia website and attempt a download. It will then take me to a page that
    says something to the extend if you get this message click on the yellow bar at
    the top to install Active X controls etc.

    I never get the yellow bar it illustrates in the screen shot and I can't ever
    get it to download.

    I am running XP but have not installed the service packs as when I did I
    started having problems so I uninstalled. I have all my Java and Active X
    stuff enabled. I have shut down my firewall in an effort as well but no luck.

    Any suggestions?

    Thanks.

    maxnight Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Can't download player at all

    I finally got flash8 working again and this might be of use to others with
    problems.

    I lost flash8 over christmas, I went through all the tips elsewhere on this
    forum, but with no luck. I did discover that if I created a new acount on my
    computer I could get it to work, but not with my main one.

    To cut to the chase, last week I created a new Temporary Internet Folder. I
    had been getting problems downloading pictures from usenet & the web, didn't
    expect it to make a difference, but it fixed that problem and I noticed certain
    news banners that never worked before had suddenly started.

    I've been to the flash download site and confirmed that version 8 is installed
    and working.

    So, maybe moving your temporary internet folder will do it for others, try
    this:-

    In IE go to Tools, Internet Options...
    On the General Tab click on Temporary Internet Options - Settings, then click
    Move Folder.

    It's possible to have a damaged folder and never notice, so it might work for
    others, hope this helps.

    drongosam Guest