Professional Web Applications Themes

Can`t drag the type on a path . . . need help! - Adobe Illustrator Windows

To manipulate/drag the type on a path you used to on earlier Illustrator version, you only had to switch to the direct selection tool or the path selection tool. The you could drag the type, where you want. But I can`t make it work in CS. There are no point in the start to drag. What am I doing wrong? Can someone help?...

  1. #1

    Default Can`t drag the type on a path . . . need help!

    Nicholas_Arnesen@adobeforums.com Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Can`t drag the type on a path . . . need help!

    If you click on the letters with the direct selection tool, the start point to drag appears.
    Jens_R_B_Hansen@adobeforums.com Guest

  3. #3

    No, the only thing that appear is 3 lines. One i front of the text and one in the middle and in the end. Just to show where the text is on the path. The problem is that I cannot "grab" any of these lines with the direction selection tool.
    Any idea?
    Nicholas_Arnesen@adobeforums.com Guest

  4. #4

    Nicholas,

    When you put your direction selection tool over/near the lines there should be a upside down uppercase t looking thing that pops up - only then can you drag. You have to be patient and watch carefully for it to show up.
    Tricia_Schneberger@adobeforums.com Guest

  5. #5

    Actually, now that I went and looked at it, the object that pops up is more like a right or left arrow depending on which vertical line you are hovering over.
    Tricia_Schneberger@adobeforums.com Guest

  6. #6

    The path is more like a wave. I am trying to drag the text on this path, not the waveline that makes the path. Nothing pop up`s beside the cursor. I have tried everything :)
    Nicholas_Arnesen@adobeforums.com Guest

  7. #7

    I realize you are trying to drag text not the line :)

    Put your direct selection tool over one of the boxes within your text and move around slowly. The object that pops up looks like |-> or
    <-| depending on which box you are hovering over. It is quite small and you have to really watch for it - seems to show up when you go to the upper left or lower right corners of the box. Your direction selection tool arrow also changes to a black arrow. It pops up, I promise. Once it does, the direction of the odd object that pops up tells you which way you can drag.
    Tricia_Schneberger@adobeforums.com Guest

  8. #8

    I cannot make it work.
    Please go to this link <http://www.ddl-info.com/illustrator/>
    to see a print screen of my problem.
    Maybe this can help to sort my problem.
    Nicholas_Arnesen@adobeforums.com Guest

  9. #9

    I must be missing something here. I recreated your path and put text on it and followed my own directions: I clicked on the direct selection tool, hovered over the corners of the box on the vertical line next to the capital O in your text, the cursor changed and I was able to drag right. I see that the tool that is selected in your screen capture is not the direct selection tool - but I dont know if that is the tool that you selected to try to accomplish this.
    I dont know how else to explain it, can anyone else help me say it differently?
    Tricia_Schneberger@adobeforums.com Guest

  10. #10

    Nicholas,

    Click and drag on the middle line (you can click-drag any line, but not the
    'markers' at the two ends - that will create flowed text)

    LenHewitt@adobeforums.com Guest

  11. #11

    Still can`t do it. The problem must be a change in Illustrator CS for PC. I didn`t have this in previous versions.
    Then it works like everybody`s suggested...thnx!
    I hope somebody can give a solution ;)
    Nicholas_Arnesen@adobeforums.com Guest