Professional Web Applications Themes

Can't edit my site - Macromedia Contribute General Discussion

Okay... i'm checking out the trial to see if it solves the problem of being able to edit content only on my site. The site is a purchased dreamweaver and flash template. I'm no designer or developer and don't want to purchase all that software to have a good looking site. I just want to edit content. I connect just fine and my home page comes up quickly. The problem comes when I hit edit. Works fine on the tutorial but on my site it goes through the motions (dialogue boxes etcetera) and then presents me with a blank page ...

  1. #1

    Default Can't edit my site

    Okay... i'm checking out the trial to see if it solves the problem of being
    able to edit content only on my site. The site is a purchased dreamweaver and
    flash template. I'm no designer or developer and don't want to purchase all
    that software to have a good looking site. I just want to edit content.

    I connect just fine and my home page comes up quickly. The problem comes when
    I hit edit. Works fine on the tutorial but on my site it goes through the
    motions (dialogue boxes etcetera) and then presents me with a blank page that
    has nothing to edit. When done, and I hit close or cancel, it asks me if i'm
    sure I don't want to save changes.

    Anyone out there know what i'm missing or have any ideas? I've been told by
    my host service and others that Contribute should work. So far it does
    everything but give me something to edit.:confused;

    ZiYauRen Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Can't edit my site

    Hi ZiyauRen,

    Sorry to see that you have problems using contribute. I would like to know
    few things about your site to debug your problem and see if it is problem with
    contribute or the way we have to use it.

    I would need the following:

    1. A sample Wesite connection key to your site
    2. Let me know what kind of content is present on the page?
    3. Does this happen to every page on your site after u get connected or
    it happens only to the specific page?
    4. Can you try to create a new page and Publish it and Re-Edit it and
    see if it works fine?
    5. What type of connection are you using? LAN/FTP/WebDAV/SFTP?
    6. Are you using Contribute 3.11 trial? If so, Can you create a folder
    on your desktop "ct3netperformancelog" and perform the operations and send me
    the log file?

    you can reply to this message or Write to me on my email - [email]amadasadobe.com[/email]

    Thanks
    Arun (Adobe Contribute Team)

    amadas Guest

  3. #3

    Thankyou for the response. I will respond this evening with all the
    information you requested and some more description of my situation. I will
    also include information on how to communicate with me on skype in the event
    you need to talk me through anything. We will have to arrange a good time for
    you on that one, however, as I am an american who lives and works in China, so
    the time difference is significant. I really hope we can straighten this out
    since I will eventually need to grant limited access to many people all over
    the world and Contribute seems to be an elegant solution. If I can get it to
    work.:grin;

    Thanks again, Dan

    ZiYauRen Guest

  4. #4