Professional Web Applications Themes

Can't email form - Adobe Acrobat Macintosh

I am having a hard time emailing a form created with Adobe Acrobat for windows, in Mac OS 10.4.11 (also with 10.5.6). I can download the pdf doc ok, however after filling out the fields in the form, I go to email (clicking on the created email link on the right side of the doc, but nothing happens!!) I am using the Mac Mail suite... Any ideas are welcomed!...

  1. #1

    Default Can't email form

    Santiago_Escruceria@adobeforums.com Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Can't email form

    Why not save the form and manually attach it to an email back to the sender?

    Mike
    Michael Guest

  3. #3

    I am designing a new form for our company in pdf and I want it to be available on our website. A customer should be able to download this form or fill out online. There is a "submit" button I want to place within the form so that when a customer clicks on it, it sends an email with the filled out form using their default email application. I am using Thunderbird here, but I can't get it to work. I am on a Mac OSX 10.4.11 using TB 2.0.0.19 But I want this form to work with any email application on either Mac or PC platform. Is this possible (also posting this on the Mozilla Thunderbird forums). Thanks in advance!
    Shane_Crane@adobeforums.com Guest

  4. #4

    Santiago,

    You never said which version of Acrobat you are using.

    Using email to return forms has always been problematic because people use so many different email clients (some using POP, some IMAP, a lot web-based). Acrobat 8 Professional improved this somewhat. Acrobat 9 Pro has the best solution: It stores the form on Acrobat.com (an Adobe server in "the cloud"), and sends email links to each of the recipients. The form creator keeps a "master copy" of the form which receives responses as they are returned from Acrobat.com. My experience is that this works very well for Mac and Windows.

    The downside is that the people who receive the form must use Acrobat 9 or the free Reader 9. Alternatively, you could have those who fill out forms return the form by email to you, but this is a less secure method.
    Steve_Werner@adobeforums.com Guest

  5. #5

    I am on 8, but we are looking at going to 9 except we need to determine the compatibility between 9, and the pitstop, fusionpro and possibly quite imposing plugins. I don't think adding a line to our website that links them to the free 9 reader upgrade so they can use the form would be too big an issue, if it works seamlessly to accomplish what I described. Thank you for the information!
    Shane_Crane@adobeforums.com Guest

  6. #6

    I also am trying to create a form, though in Acrobat 8 Pro on my Mac, and have found that the submit email button does not work. I've been testing the form in Adobe Reader 9, and when I click the "submit" button (that should email the form) I get an error "This operation is not permitted". Is there any solution to this problem? I am using Apple Mail as my email client, but it won't even get that far.
    Jodi_Richardson@adobeforums.com Guest