Professional Web Applications Themes

Can't find extensions - PHP Development

I have just installed php5 and loaded the extensions in a subfolder, C:/php/extension. I made changes to the php.ini to extension_dir and removed the ; from some of the extensions. Then I have a php file that does <?php phpinfo(); ?> The html pieces are there. When I run this it comes up with errors that say it can't find things like php_curl.dll Still searching. It talks about force_redirect what is that? Mark...

  1. #1

    Default Can't find extensions

    I have just installed php5 and loaded the extensions in a subfolder,
    C:/php/extension. I made changes to the php.ini to extension_dir and
    removed the ; from some of the extensions. Then I have a php file that does
    <?php
    phpinfo();
    ?>
    The html pieces are there. When I run this it comes up with errors that
    say it can't find things like php_curl.dll
    Still searching. It talks about force_redirect what is that?
    Mark
    What Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Can't find extensions

    "What" <net> a écrit dans le message de news:
    3FRge.1228$..
    does

    Hi,
    After editing your php.ini file, you must too, put the dll's of your
    extensions the systemf older (if you use windows), and edit the system path
    ..
    You can too, put the dll's in the php root directory.
    Each php extension needs a specific dll..

    Bye

    \(¯`·..Yttrium Guest

  3. #3

    (¯`·..Yttrium ...·´¯) wrote:

    > does

    > Hi,
    > After editing your php.ini file, you must too, put the dll's of your
    > extensions the systemf older (if you use windows), and edit the system path
    > .[/ref]

    That's nonsense, you can leave all the extensions in the original
    C:\...\PHP\ext directory.

    To the OP, did you ensure that you used an absolute location for the
    extension directory, and enclose it in double quotes? e.g.:

    extension_dir = "C:\Program Files\PHP\ext"

    Bear in mind that Windows uses backslashes, not forward slashes as
    you've used in you original post.

    --
    Oli
    Oli Guest

  4. #4

    And the answer is probably that you have not thought about gd2:
    un-comment this line too:

    extension=php_gd2.dll

    Then you can "curl" up with a good book. ;o)

    Rob

    Oli Filth wrote:

    >> does
    >>

    >> Hi,
    >> After editing your php.ini file, you must too, put the dll's of your
    >> extensions the systemf older (if you use windows), and edit the system
    >> path
    >> .[/ref]
    >

    > That's nonsense, you can leave all the extensions in the original
    > C:\...\PHP\ext directory.
    >
    > To the OP, did you ensure that you used an absolute location for the
    > extension directory, and enclose it in double quotes? e.g.:
    >
    > extension_dir = "C:\Program Files\PHP\ext"
    >
    > Bear in mind that Windows uses backslashes, not forward slashes as
    > you've used in you original post.
    >
    >[/ref]
    Rob Guest

  5. #5

    OK, I made some changes and now the php doesn't work. I don't know. What
    is 1 a true or false? You can check out what is broken if you want at
    www.markusphotography.com/php/first.php
    the machine it is running on is Win2k. It was working I may just pull
    everything out for php and reinstall.
    Oli Filth wrote:

    >> does
    >>

    >> Hi,
    >> After editing your php.ini file, you must too, put the dll's of your
    >> extensions the systemf older (if you use windows), and edit the system
    >> path
    >> .[/ref]
    >

    > That's nonsense, you can leave all the extensions in the original
    > C:\...\PHP\ext directory.
    >
    > To the OP, did you ensure that you used an absolute location for the
    > extension directory, and enclose it in double quotes? e.g.:
    >
    > extension_dir = "C:\Program Files\PHP\ext"
    >
    > Bear in mind that Windows uses backslashes, not forward slashes as
    > you've used in you original post.
    >
    >[/ref]
    Mark Guest

  6. #6

    Looks like the .php extension for any file is giving a 500 error.
    Are you using Apache, Apache 2 or IIS?
    And if Apache are you running as a service?
    I can only comment on php4.1 as that is what I use.
    We use both Apache and IIS at work and setting them up for php is quite
    different.

    This points at PWS, but it may not be that:
    http://www.faqts.com/knowledge_base/view.phtml/aid/4068

    Mark formerly(What) wrote:

    >> That's nonsense, you can leave all the extensions in the original
    >> C:\...\PHP\ext directory.
    >>
    >> To the OP, did you ensure that you used an absolute location for the
    >> extension directory, and enclose it in double quotes? e.g.:
    >>
    >> extension_dir = "C:\Program Files\PHP\ext"
    >>
    >> Bear in mind that Windows uses backslashes, not forward slashes as
    >> you've used in you original post.
    >>
    >>[/ref][/ref]
    Rob Guest