Professional Web Applications Themes

Can't get Flash to work - Macromedia Flash

Hi, folks...brand new here, and I am having a problem I hope you can help me with. Just got an upgrade to Windows XP, and ever since that happened, Flash doesn't seem to work. I go to YouTube, try to play a video, and I get the message that either JavaScript is turned off or I have an old or no version of Flash, click here to download. I do so, and when I return to YouTube, same result. I have downloaded the latest Java as well, and still, no result. I get the same kind of error message when ...

  1. #1

    Default Can't get Flash to work

    Hi, folks...brand new here, and I am having a problem I hope you can help me
    with. Just got an upgrade to Windows XP, and ever since that happened, Flash
    doesn't seem to work.

    I go to YouTube, try to play a video, and I get the message that either
    JavaScript is turned off or I have an old or no version of Flash, click here
    to download. I do so, and when I return to YouTube, same result. I have
    downloaded the latest Java as well, and still, no result. I get the same
    kind of error message when I go to the BBC.

    Can anyone suggest what might be going on? Any help is appreciated.

    Lloyd Penney

    Lloyd Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Can't get Flash to work

    Which browser are you using? c
    "Lloyd Penney" <net> wrote in message

    Stig Guest

  3. #3

    "Lloyd Penney" <net> wrote in message
    me
    Flash

    Same here. My job is to restore a harddrive image based on a standard
    configuration for new computers. After restoring the basic image, then
    manually install the optional programs according to customers' requests.
    Many choose to have Flash preinstalled in their computers. I have no problem
    to install Flash ever. But today I can't get Flash to work. Probably a super
    virus.

    Ar Guest

  4. #4

    "Lloyd Penney" <net> wrote in message
    me
    Flash
    here

    I had the same problem. After following the instructions from the below web
    site, the problem is fixed. Note that you have to uninstall the old version
    first, run reset.cmd, reboot then install Flash.

    http://www.donglefree.com/toppage1.htm

    Ar Guest

  5. #5

    "Ar Q" <com> wrote in message
    > me
    > Flash
    > here
    >
    > I had the same problem. After following the instructions from the below
    > web
    > site, the problem is fixed. Note that you have to uninstall the old
    > version
    > first, run reset.cmd, reboot then install Flash.
    >
    > http://www.donglefree.com/toppage1.htm
    >[/ref]

    All done...still not working. I uninstalled all the versions of Flash I
    could find, ran reset.cmd, rebooted, and re-installed Flash. Still does not
    work. Any other suggestions?

    Lloyd

    Lloyd Guest

  6. #6

    Is it possible that you have the security settings on your browser set too
    high? Some consider Flash as "invasive". c

    >> me
    >> Flash
    >> here
    >>
    >> I had the same problem. After following the instructions from the below
    >> web
    >> site, the problem is fixed. Note that you have to uninstall the old
    >> version
    >> first, run reset.cmd, reboot then install Flash.
    >>
    >> http://www.donglefree.com/toppage1.htm
    >>[/ref]
    >
    > All done...still not working. I uninstalled all the versions of Flash I
    > could find, ran reset.cmd, rebooted, and re-installed Flash. Still does
    > not work. Any other suggestions?
    >
    > Lloyd
    >[/ref]

    Stig Guest

  7. #7

    I brought my security levels as low as I could, and I still cannot access
    YouTube. Wish it was like Veoh, which doesn't require that you have Flash.

    Lloyd

    "Stig" <net> wrote in message

    >> All done...still not working. I uninstalled all the versions of Flash I
    >> could find, ran reset.cmd, rebooted, and re-installed Flash. Still does
    >> not work. Any other suggestions?
    >>
    >> Lloyd
    >>[/ref]
    >
    >[/ref]

    Lloyd Guest

  8. #8

    not

    The only tricky part is to re-install Flash.

    "Uninstall flash, run reset.cmd, reboot" can be easily done. But on
    re-installing Flash, after clicking the installation icon, I have some
    computers wait for up to 90 minutes to have security confirmation message
    box appear (some computers just take 2 minutes). I think Microsoft is not
    very straightforward to 3rd party software companies regarding Windows
    interface. I just want to make sure you are patient enough to see the whole
    process through.

    Ar Guest

  9. #9

    Tried this and it worked very well for most flash stuff/sites.
    However, there are still some issues, Sites/Stuff I still cannot get into
    even?

    Here are two:
    http://video.msn.com/v/us/req.aspx?r=4&hf=1&h=http%3A//video.msn.com/v/us/v.htm%3F

    http://video.msn.com/v/us/req.aspx?r=4&hf=1&h=http%3A//video.msn.com/v/us/v.htm%3Ff%3Dmsnhome

    Most other flash stuff/sites play (all-be-it) slowly. Meaning data seems to
    take longer to load/play than previous to this entire problem after
    upgrading to XP, SP2...

    "Ar Q" <com> wrote in message
    > me
    > Flash
    > here
    >
    > I had the same problem. After following the instructions from the below
    > web
    > site, the problem is fixed. Note that you have to uninstall the old
    > version
    > first, run reset.cmd, reboot then install Flash.
    >
    > http://www.donglefree.com/toppage1.htm
    >
    >[/ref]

    Artreid Guest