Professional Web Applications Themes

Can't Login to Admin Page - Coldfusion Server Administration

I have recently re-installed CF to work with WAMP 5 and its Apache server. but now i can't login to the Configuration and Settings Migration Wizard. keep giving me the following error The web site you are accessing has experienced an unexpected error... Error Occurred While Processing Request The request has exceeded the allowable time limit Tag: cfoutput I rebooted without much success i still cant login to the server administration. Anybody have an idea how i solve this problem??...

  1. #1

    Default Can't Login to Admin Page

    I have recently re-installed CF to work with WAMP 5 and its Apache server. but
    now i can't login to the Configuration and Settings Migration Wizard.
    keep giving me the following error

    The web site you are accessing has experienced an unexpected error...
    Error Occurred While Processing Request
    The request has exceeded the allowable time limit Tag: cfoutput

    I rebooted without much success i still cant login to the server
    administration.
    Anybody have an idea how i solve this problem??

    Leotoothpick Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Can't Login to Admin Page

    Follow these steps:

    1. Uninstall your current CF installation
    2. Make sure that you can access WAMP 5 Admin links
    3. Re-install CF using it's built-in webserver
    4. Once you've completed installation of CF, run the webserver configuration
    tool. This will create the connector from CF to Apache.
    5. copy CFusionMX7/wwwroot/CFIDE to Apache/htdocs/ (please adjust your apache
    and CF directory accordingly).
    6. Request CFAdmin via [url]http://127.0.0.1/CFIDE/Administrator/[/url]

    The whole idea is to make sure Wamp5 and CFMX7 running independently, then
    connecting them together via webserver configuration tool

    speedpedal Guest

  3. #3

    That didn't work either... there wasn't a htdocs folder in Apache folder so i
    created one then copied the CFIDE folder therein. When i requested the CFAdmin
    via [url]http://127.0.0.1/CFIDE/Administrator/[/url] i got a 404 Error
    Not Found
    The requested URL /CFIDE/Administrator/ was not found on this server.

    the browser returned the index of /CFIDE/Administrator instead of the login
    page.
    The login page was only return after clicking on the index.cfm link.

    Note that every time i have reinstalled CF the first login is always
    instantaneous taking me to the page stating the following:

    »Configure Server
    Finish

    Configuring Server, please wait. This may take a few minutes
    If this screen doesn't refresh in a few minutes, click on this link to Continue

    then is just keeps loading the page
    "http://127.0.0.1/CFIDE/Administrator/enter.cfm" then gave me a

    Server Error
    The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your
    request.
    JRun closed connection.

    On refresh i get the same error as in my previous post

    The bottom status bar always says "waiting for 127.0.0.1..."

    NOTE my colleague installed CF on his laptop configuring CF to connect to
    Apache from the installer and the Admin is working just fine

    Leotoothpick Guest

  4. #4

    If you install ColdFusion with it's built in webserver, it will not dierect you
    to [url]http://127.0.0.1/CFIDE/Administrator/index.cfm[/url]

    Instead, it will redirecte you to
    [url]http://127.0.0.1:8500/CFIDE/Administrator/index.cfm[/url]
    (notice the port 8500)

    Confirm that your've successfully installed CF by its own built-in webserver
    before moving forward.

    speedpedal Guest

  5. #5

    Installed CF by its own built in webserver but gettng an jrun servlet error
    404 File not found: /CFIDE/Administrator/index.cfm
    File not found: /CFIDE/Administrator/index.cfm

    i guess it because i set as per ur instruction"

  6. #6

    Follow the following steps,

    1. search the file, PASSWORD.PROPERTIES
    2. make a backup of this file (just in case)
    3. delete old password(encrypted)
    4. put in ur password and rds password
    5. save the file
    6. restart ColdFusion MX 7 Applicaiton Server from ther services.mmc
    7. login using the new password
    dah da....

    Its a beautiful cracked up world :)

    ahsanmo Guest

  7. #7

    That didn't help either... unfortunately.
    Somehow i don't think it has to do with the password like i said earlier.
    after installation CF admin wil log in and get stuck at the page stating:

    ?Configure Server
    Finish

    Configuring Server, please wait. This may take a few minutes
    If this screen doesn't refresh in a few minutes, click on this link to Continue

    ... then fail to go any further

    Leotoothpick Guest