Professional Web Applications Themes

Can't print with HP Deskjet 2.5 driver - Adobe Acrobat Macintosh

I contact HP support and performed a manual uninstall/install following their instructions. I can print successfully from every application I tried expect Adobe Acrobat Professional 6.0.2 where the queue either stops or the prints are at 45 deg & may be in either black & white or color. Pdfs of text only seem to print just fine. Graphics seem to be the problem. HP support informed me that there "there may be an issue with Acrobat itself". Not much help for a quick fix. Printing worked with earlier versions of the driver. OSX 10.3.4. Any ideas?...

  1. #1

    Default Can't print with HP Deskjet 2.5 driver

    WHakes@adobeforums.com Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Can't print with HP Deskjet 2.5 driver

    To verify that the driver is problem:

    check to see if there is a new driver on HP's site for your printer.

    Download the new driver.

    go to printer setup utility and delete the listing for the HP driver.

    Quit Printer Setup Utility.

    Install the new new driver.

    Quit Printer Setup Utility.

    Try to print Doent. If prints correctly your done.

    If does the same thing do the following:

    follow steps above except locate the Install disk for your printer in your OSX System Package, instead of dowloading new driver.

    Install the driver for you printer from your install disks.

    Now follow the rest of the steps.

    Try again. If it works then contact HP noting it works with the older driver on the Macintosh install disk.

    If it still doesn't work Then it may be a system problem in which you might to have to reinstall system.

    But before doing a system reinstall you may need to try repairing permissions, Run a Utility program such as Disk Warrior, or TechTool Pro. Or even try running the FSKY command. (for instructions go to Apple's website and type fsky and note instructions of OSX.3.

    Post back with your findings.
    pjonesCET@adobeforums.com Guest

  3. #3

    Thanks very much for the info. Did all that. The printer works very well with the old HP driver v 2.31. So I know it is the new driver's fault. HP in their wisdom asked me to contact Adobe. I tried to leave bug report in both Safari and IE. Their website wouldn't accept bug reports so I posted this. Now I believe it is in HP's court. Just to placate HP, these are the instructions I followed, plus I ran DiskWarrior. I posted this to see if anyone could get it to work.

    1. Delete the printer from the Printer List:
    a. Open the Macintosh HD, then the Applications folder.
    b. Open the Utilities folder and launch Printer Setup Utility.
    c. Click once on the name of the printer in the printer list to
    highlight it.
    d. Click the Delete icon above.
    e. Quit Printer Setup Utility.

    2. Delete printing preferences:
    a. Open the Macintosh HD, then the Users folder.
    b. Open your user name (indicated by a house icon) then open to the
    Library folder.
    c. Finally, open the Preferences folder.
    d. Within the Preferences folder, drag to the Trash any of the
    following files you may find:
    1. com.apple.print.PrintCenter.plist
    2. com.apple.print.custompresets.plist
    3. com.apple.print.custompapersizes.plist
    4. com.apple.print.defaultpapersizes.plist
    5. com.apple.print.favorites.plist
    NOTE: You may not have all of the above files.

    3. Delete the HP folder:
    a. Browse to the Macintosh HD then the Library folder, then the
    Printers folder.
    b. In the Printers folder, drag the HP folder to the Trash. (Please
    note: If you have other HP printers currently installed on the Mac, this
    step will affect them. In that case, you may need to reinstall software for
    those printers).
    c. If no other printers are installed on the Mac, you may drag the
    entire Printers folder itself to the Trash.
    d. If you are unable to Trash either folder due to an error, skip to
    the step below to repair the disk permissions, then come back and Trash the
    HP or Printers folder.

    4. Perform a disk permissions repair (note: it is recommended that the Mac
    be running at least 10.3.1 before proceeding):
    a. Open the Macintosh HD, then the Applications folder and finally
    open the Utilities folder.
    b. Launch Disk Utility.
    c. Select the Macintosh HD from the window on the left by clicking on
    it once - it will highlight
    d. Click on the First Aid tab at the top.
    e. Click on the Repair Disk Permissions button.
    f. Once completed, quit the Disk Utility.
    g. If you were unable to trash the HP or Printers folder as per the
    previous step above, go back and do so now.
    h. Restart the Mac.

    5. Install the 2.5 version of the printer driver:
    a. Quit all running applications.
    b. Double click the installer printer icon titled OSX HP Inkjet
    Installer recently downloaded. Enter the Mac password at the prompt then
    click OK.
    c. Click Continue on the HP window. Accept the licensing agreement.
    Click Continue to close the Readme doent.
    d. On the final window, make sure Custom Install is displayed in the
    drop down menu at the top. In the box below, make sure the OSX installer
    and Utility boxes are checked. Click the Install button in the bottom right
    of the window. Click Continue to close all running applications.
    e. Once the installation is complete, Quit the installer application.

    6. Setup the printer in the Printer Setup Utility:
    a. Open the Macintosh HD, then the Applications folder, then open
    Utilities folder. Launch Printer Setup Utility.
    b. Click the Add button.
    c. In the Add window, ensure USB is selected in the drop down menu at
    the top.
    d. If prompted to reload the browser, click OK.
    e. If the printer is connected and turned on, it will appear in the
    box below. Click once on the name to highlight it then click the Add button
    below.
    f. Once the printer appears in the Printer List, attempt a test print
    from an application.

    7. If the issue persists, you may wish to attempt to print from the Preview
    application (if you have not done so already) as a workaround:
    a. Within the application you are using, open a doent go to File
    and select Print.
    b. Click the Preview button.
    c. Once Preview is launched, go to File in the top toolbar and select
    Print.
    d. Click the Print button in this Print window. The printer should
    respond.

    If the issue is still not satisfactorily resolved, please respond to this
    e-mail and include the results of the above troubleshooting, so that
    Hewlett-Packard can better understand the present situation. In addition,
    please provide us with the answers to the questions below:

    1. Please let us know what exact operating system you are running.
    a. Click the Apple icon at the top left of the screen.
    b. Select About This Mac.
    2. Have you tried to print from multiple applications to ensure that the
    problem was not application specific? Are you able to print properly from
    Preview?
    3. How is the printer attached to the Mac? Is it a direct connection via
    regular type A to B USB cable? Please ensure there are no hubs or adapters
    in the connection chain.
    WHakes@adobeforums.com Guest

  4. #4

    I agree your 2.5 driver is bad. if you can copy all the informations in these boxes to a file. Then send this by email to support HP. Notify them that the 2.5 driver is defective.

    Good luck all software companies love to pass the buck to other software companies. So they don't have to figure out problems. No one seems to believe their products can have a defect.

    when the computer age started for the average person software companies would take bug reports get the software in question and try to figure out why their own software wouldn't work with it. Now its expected of the customers to do all the debuging.
    pjonesCET@adobeforums.com Guest

  5. #5

    Too true.
    Thanks.