Professional Web Applications Themes

Can't remove password protection of .pdf file - Adobe Acrobat Windows

I have a .pdf file that is password protected. I did not create it, but I do have the password. I can open the file in Acrobat 5.0 using the password; however, when I attempt to change the doent's security settings I'm again asked for the password, but this time it isn't accepted. Can anyone help me? I need to remove the password protection for this doent. The original writer is no longer with the company....

  1. #1

    Default Can't remove password protection of .pdf file

    Beth_Lenholt@adobeforums.com Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Can't remove password protection of .pdf file

    When creating security you can define two passwords, one needed to open the file and all the security settings will apply. Then there's a master password needed to modify the security settings. Clearly it does not make sense to use the same password for both. If you can't get hold of the departed writer then have a look here:
    <http://www.elcomsoft.com/apdfpr.html>
    Cheers
    Ian
    Ian_Burton@home_in_Paris.fr Guest

  3. #3

    Hello Ian,

    Thank you. I downloaded a trial version and it decrypted a portion of the doent. That's great!
    Now, I just have to get my company to purchase a business version so that I can decrypt the entire doent.

    I appreciate your assistance.

    Beth
    Beth_Lenholt@adobeforums.com Guest

  4. #4

    Just as a warning to all, and I'm sure this has been stressed before in this forum;

    never, ever destroy the original doent (word, excel etc etc). IN this way you can always go back to the doent in such instances.
    Ian_Mellors@adobeforums.com Guest

  5. #5

    I had the same problem with wanting to create bookmarks. I'm usung Acrobat 4.0 and printed pdf with my distiller settings, new doent allows bookmarks and my security settings.
    AB_Holley@adobeforums.com Guest

  6. #6

    you are authorized to check a bunch of critical PDF files, which were created and encrypted by a former department manager. You need to open these PDF files and print them. Or this job will take you a month or longer.
    What's more, i share you a article about How to remove PDF password and restriction ,which has made the whole process easy.
    It saved me lots of time on this. I just shared the guide with you.
    priya is offline Junior Member
    Aug 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3

  7. #7

    To unlock PDF, a PDF Unlocker is needed. PDFpie PDF Password Remover is a small and easy-to-use PDF cracker to help you decrypt PDF files and remove restrictions on printing, editing and copying. It is easy for you to reuse PDF files after decryption. Wondershare PDF Password Remover also allows you to remove password from PDF (Open password) for the encrypted PDF file, but the open password is required in order to protect the owner's right.

    Description
    1. Unlock PDF files protected for copying and printing directly
    2. Unlock PDF files protected for viewing (with authorized password)
    3. Support batch decrypting 200 PDF files at one time
    4. Support right-click decryption mode

    Read more about unlock pdf:
    1. Unlock PDF – Knowing the Fact & Tutorial
    2. How to Use Wondershare PDF Password Remover
    3. 3 popular tools to unlock PDF

    Related tags: unlock pdf, pdf unlocker, remove pdf password, remove pdf security
    MagCafekr is offline Junior Member
    Jun 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    4

  8. #8

    I used the PDF password remover from below source to help me remove password protected PDF file efficiently. Now, I can edit the PDF file!
    PDF Password Remover from http://www.windowspasswordsrecovery.com/pdf-password-remover/
    Hinier is offline Junior Member
    Apr 2013
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    1

  9. #9

    I really don't know whether above mentioned programs work or not. But, I'm sure that they all are overpriced costing from $20 to $30. Why to spend money on these programs when there are cheap and much better tools available to remove PDF password protection. You can give a try to pdf unlocker program by PDFSolution. For more info, you may check the following site:

    www*mypdfsolutions*com

    Replace * with dot. Hope it helps!
    nick08 is offline Junior Member
    May 2013